About Public Consulting Group
Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) is a leading public sector solutions implementation and operations improvement firm that partners with health, education, and human services agencies to improve lives. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has over 2,500 professionals in more than 60 offices worldwide. PCG’s Human Services practice helps state, county, and municipal human services agencies to achieve their performance goals in order to better serve populations in need. PCG’s seasoned professionals offer proven solutions to help agencies design programs, services, and systems; increase program revenue; cut costs; and improve regulatory compliance with state and federal regulations. To learn more, visit http://www.publicconsultinggroup.com/humanservices/.
PCG is seeking highly motivated and dependable Employment Training Instructor with an interest in public service who can work in our San Diego, CA CalWORKS Welfare-to-Work/Refugee employment services operation. The Training Instructor will be responsible for developing and delivering of PCG's Job Club and other job search training curriculum to the program participants. PCG's Job Club will build upon the county's menu of available career center training seminars and education resources currently available to the Welfare-to-Work participants. The Training Instructor will also develop and deliver training to internal staff
- Design and develop PCG's Job Club job search training curriculum and educational resources for participants.
- Implement PCG Job Club training seminars and job search courses for participants.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of the County's Workforce Partnerships and one-stop career center seminars and provide information to participants.
- Maintain communication with County's one-stop Career Center and employers.
- Ensure that participants receive quality and timely training and educational services.
- Ensure that PCG's Job Club program objectives and monthly goals are met, support WTW contractual goals.
- Complete all necessary county documents and forms.
- Follow procedural requirement of CalWORKs by updating client case files in CalWIN.
- Monitor and record participant progress with recommended training and educational course curriculum.
- Provide support, coaching and development for clients.
- Notify Employment Training Advisors of participant work readiness in an organized and timely manner to begin job placement process.
- Train internal Employment Training Advisors on CalWORKs regulations and procedures, customer service techniques and other "soft skills" necessary for effective case management.
- Ability to work with and relate to participants and demonstrate active listening skills.
- Display a professional level of empathy for participants and respect for cultural differences.
- Must be computer literate and have MS Word, Excel and Internet skills.
- Ability to learn specialized databases and software systems.
- Process oriented and results-driven work strategy.
- Ability to work across all levels of management and staff.
- Proper etiquette including customer relation techniques, superior verbal and communications skills.
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Ability to recognize and maintain the confidentiality of all materials in the work setting.
- Demonstrated ability to use various computer systems preferably CalWIN although not required
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with federal, state and county agencies as well as the general public.
- Ability to partner with and motivate participants with both physical and/or mental disabilities.
- Ability to maintain a record keeping and follow-up system.
- Ability to work independently, requiring minimal supervision and on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience in a classroom setting; taught workshops, seminars etc. 1-2 years' experience teaching adults preferred.
- Knowledge of the needs and characteristics of adult learners preferred.
- Must have a working knowledge and utilization of community resources.
- Must have competent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work with diverse client population and community organizations as well as staff at all levels.
- A Bachelor's degree preferred
- Experience in coaching and development preferred
- At least 2 years of experience in training/workforce development
- 3 to 4 years of customer relationship management