Posted in Manufacturing and Production
about 1 month ago
Summary of Role:
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES Fab9, Burlington, VT is seeking an individual to join their site Emergency Response Team as a Senior Technician. This individual will be required to have leadership skills and be self-motivated. As part of the site Environmental, Health, Safety and Security team, this individual will respond to fires, medical emergencies, hazmat and all other emergency incidents to protect life, environment, property, and support continuous manufacturing operations. The Senior Technician participates in fire system inspections, training exercises, and equipment maintenance activities. Technician positions are hourly shift positions working a compressed week of 12-hour shifts. GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is a 24/7 manufacturing facility providing technician support across all shifts.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Capable of performing multiple tasks at various levels of complexity
• Self-Motivated / Team oriented
• Troubleshoot Incidents / Events
• Assist with Environmental, Safety, and Security tasks as assigned/needed • Coordination of resources for effective response and containment
• Perform all activities in a safe ad responsible manner and support all environmental, health, safety & security requirements and programs
• High School education or equivalent
• Emergency Medical Service licensure in Vermont
• Physical Capacity Demands: walking, repetitive motions, lifting and / or wearing equipment weighing up to 60 lbs.
• Language Fluency - English (Written & Verbal)
• Firefighter I Certification
• CPR certification
• Hazmat Technician
• Manufacturing Operations experience (3 Years)
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GLOBALFOUNDRIES is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GLOBALFOUNDRIES goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law.