MV Transportation is seeking an Eligibility Coordinator with excellent customer service to process and evaluate applications for ADA paratransit service, to travel train passengers who are ineligible for fixed route system, to deal with customer concerns and document, and back up reservations during peak and busy times.
- Communicate on a regular basis with client staff to ensure customer service efforts meet the demands of the contract and the client.
- Establish relationships with key consumer agencies to facilitate direct communication and feedback as well as a proactive customer focus.
- Respond to individual customer/passenger concerns in a manner that includes investigation and follow-up to passenger eligibility.
- Provide findings and resolution information that pertains to field work.
- Maintain database or log of customer intake process.
- Provide system information including eligibility, service area, fares, and system use to all interested parties.
- Attend various public events as a representative of the program to provide information and feedback to general concerns/items of discussion.
- Process consumer applications to determine eligibility according to FTA guidelines and maintain database of eligible passengers.
- Provide resource information as necessary for interested parties regarding the transportation system, and referrals to appropriate agencies for transportation assistance.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Previous customer service experience preferred but not necessary, experience in developing and managing customer service initiatives preferred
- ADA/FTA regulations regarding transportation experience preferred
- Excellent Customer service
- Data entry
- Knowledge of service area
- general knowledge of windows-based computer operating systems
- Filing and file maintenance
- Ability to read, write and speak English and Spanish
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
During the course of employment, employees may receive and have access to confidential information. All employees are expected to respect and maintain the confidentiality of non-public customer and business records and any other information that MV classifies as confidential.
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.