Engineering project management, design, and analysis of a new product development program from conception to production and beyond; Responsibilities in new product development as well as product maintenance and cost improvement for existing products. This person is the center of cross functional team coordination, develops and maintains engineering project plans, schedules, budgets, and costs.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create designs to satisfy the product objectives related to the specific products assigned. Create marketable ideas for new and revised products.
- Assists and sometimes drives the product requirements
- Performs engineering analysis to predict the behavior of a proposed design and resolves design problems.
- Responsible for the entirety of design projects and assures that cost, timing, durability, performance, manufacturability, and quality meet project objectives as well as Toro and Industry Safety Standards. Conducts regular design, manufacturability, safety, and serviceability reviews for the assigned areas of design.
- Actively participates and coordinates in the development and understanding of customer requirements through direct contact with marketing, customers, service, manufacturing, and distribution.
- May provide work direction and monitor the work of engineers, designers, draftspersons, and experimental shop mechanics assigned to the areas of design responsibility.
- Works with suppliers to insure selection of suitable quality components.
- Manages all activity through release and change management using established Engineering and Development Procedures.
- Communicate and coordinate work with: Prototype Shop, Test Engineering, CAE, Finance, Purchasing, Drafting, Manufacturing, Industrial Design, and Safety/Certification
- Frequently reports verbally and in writing, on development progress and engineering analysis of product design. Keeps supervisor informed.
- Supports company quality policy by working within the quality system. Participates in quality initiatives and training as needed.
- Frequently communicates with global suppliers and partners. Coordinate and hold meetings out of normal office hours with suppliers in different time zones as needed (1-2 per week). Manage project related tasks, issues, and progress with external partners and global teams.
Other Job-Related Components:
- Bachelor's degree in an ABET accredited Electrical, Mechanical, Aeronautical, Agricultural or equivalent engineering program required
- 7 years' experience required, preferably in the powered equipment industry, EV industry, or similar field
- Desire to work in a fast paced, challenging, and evolving environment with a team-first mindset
- Able to multitask and manage multiple simultaneous projects of various complexities and size
- Able to create and analyze component or complete product design with individual initiative
- Able to direct the work of others, such as engineers, drafters and designers
- Has demonstrated a high level of performance through demonstrated competency in the execution of duties and successful completion of projects.
- Communicates with highly competent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in Lean NPD and continuous improvement is highly preferred
- Formal project management training and/or experience is preferred
- Domestic and international travel to test sites, distributors, customers, suppliers, manufacturing facilities and others will be required (< 10%).
- Design decisions may affect sales, warranty, customer satisfaction, and product safety.
- Keeps abreast of new technological developments, components, concepts, materials, manufacturing processes, or competitive environment, which would affect the design or design process.
- This job is not a remote position.
Compensation determined by education, experience and skillset - target/estimated range starting at $90,800-$118,000.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
This job has expired.