As part of the Ditch Witch® division of The Toro Company, this individual will contribute to industry-leading innovation in the development of electrical systems for Ditch Witch® products. Key responsibilities are the integration of embedded processors and the interface between mechanical systems and those processors. Executing these responsibilities will require this individual to design electrical circuits, determine wire sizes, plus select components such as sensors, switches, and connectors. He/she may also determine routing of wiring harnesses and bundles plus write or configure machine control software. This individual works closely with other engineers that have mechanical, electrical, software, and/or hydraulic responsibilities. He/she may direct the work of drafters, layout personnel, and technicians plus perform other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Analyze product specifications and performance requirements to determine system designs that will produce desired outcomes.
- Direct and physically participate in the construction and testing of prototypes to evaluate the design and functionality of the product.
- Solicit and evaluate input from various internal and external sources concerning product design and functionality to meet project and customer expectations.
- Review product designs for compliance with standard engineering practices, company and industry standards, customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
- Maintain, create and/or direct the creation of essential design information and documentation throughout the product lifecycle.
- Integrate embedded processors into mobile equipment products and manage the interfaces between the electrical/electronic system and the mechanical and hydraulic systems.
- Select components such as sensors, switches, joysticks, connectors, and other electrical controls in addition to overall electrical system design.
- Assist in or direct the design of component mounting and the routing and securing of wiring harnesses and bundles.
- May include writing machine control software or configuring standard hardware and software.
- Support production to diagnose electrical issues, direct repairs, & create work instruction as required.
- Analyze warranty & cost data & apply to improve current or future products.
- Create and lead teams in formal & informal roles to address specific issues.
- Located at the Ditch Witch® division headquarters in Perry, OK.
- Regular, extended use of a computer.
- Office environment most of the time with occasional trips to the shop and outside work. The shop and outdoor environments include physical hazards such as utilities (typically gas, electric, and water lines), powered vehicle, bicycle, and pedestrian traffic, sharp objects, and moving machinery. Outdoor environment includes work in all kinds of weather while operating and demonstrating machinery and construction site conditions such as open excavations, unimproved land, incomplete structures, etc.
- Working with hazardous materials, including fuels, lubricants, solvents, and batteries.
- Occasional travel by air or automobile.
- Rapidly changing workload, demands, schedules, and deadlines.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or closely related engineering discipline.
- Knowledge or experience using Failure Mode Effect Analysis (FMEA), Design For Manufacturing (DFM), Root Cause Analysis (RCA), and other quality processes in product development
- Ability to communicate persuasively, professionally, & clearly in both written & spoken word.
- Ability to influence & direct work of others
- Experience or interest in mobile equipment systems would be a plus.
- Knowledge or design experience relating to EMI/EMC would be a plus.
- Ability to program in C (or similar language) would be a plus.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
This job has expired.