Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company with 2020 sales of $27 billion. We live our mission of making our world more productive every day by providing high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet.
The company serves a variety of end markets including aerospace, chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare, manufacturing and primary metals. Linde's industrial gases are used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions.
For more information about the company and its products and services, please visit .
Linde Gases US, a division of Linde, is currently seeking an Electrical Field Service Technician / Engineer. This position will be based out of the Linde Air Separation facility located in NW Indiana / Greater Chicago area. This hands-on position reports to the Electrical Reliability Manager and will work with the Regional Reliability Team to achieve strategic reliability goals within the region.
The Electrical Field Service Technician / Engineer will be responsible for the identification, development, and implementation of preventive/predictive programs and corrective maintenance solutions for electrical systems and equipment in multiple facilities. This person will be expected to work independently and make technical decisions and recommendations in the field.
- Maintain and troubleshoot industrial electrical distribution systems and equipment including
- Substations, Breakers, Switchgear, MCCs, Protective Relay systems, Battery and UPS systems and Transformers with voltages up to 138kV.
- Induction and synchronous motors up to 40,000 hp and 15,000 volts.
- Plan, schedule, coordinate, lead and perform preventive & corrective maintenance based on established procedures.
- Plan, schedule, coordinate, lead and perform predictive maintenance - such as IR Thermography, Transformer Oil Analysis, Partial Discharge Analysis and Power Quality Analysis.
- This position requires a combination of office work and field work. This position typically requires approximately 20% out of town travel domestically. Accessibility during off-hours is required. Employee will be required to work in all weather conditions and must be able to access elevated electrical and mechanical equipment via ladders, scaffolding, man-lifts and crane baskets.
- Associates Degree in Electrical Engineering/ Technology OR a minimum 5 years of experience in the maintenance of medium voltage (5 kV to 15kV) electrical systems and equipment in an industrial environment
- Knowledge of Preventive and Predictive maintenance of industrial electrical systems and equipment.
- Excellent communication and team interaction skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and achieves results with minimal supervision.
- Experience using computers and standard software packages (MS Office, E-Mail etc.).
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering / Technology or 2 years of experience as a Journeyman Electrician in an industrial environment
- Proven experience in installation, troubleshooting and repairs of medium voltage (5 kV to 15kV) industrial electrical systems and equipment.
- Understanding of regulatory and industrial standards and codes.
- Understanding of control and instrumentation systems in an industrial environment.
- Experience using CMMS systems such as Infor EAM
At Linde, we strive to create a work environment that treats all employees with respect, supports new thoughts and ideas, encourages growth and development, celebrates our differences, and embraces inclusion. Linde is committed to remaining an employer of choice for the diverse, ever-increasing pool of global talent. To learn more, visit About Linde.
We offer a comprehensive competitive benefits package including paid holidays and vacation, health, dental, disability, life insurance, 401(k) (with matching), and pension benefits.
Linde thanks all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview will be contacted.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
This job has expired.