ECS is seeking a System Engineer to work in our Clarksburg, WV office. Please Note: This position is contingent upon contract award.
The Systems Administrator will be responsible for providing Continuity of Operations (COOP) support at our customer's disaster recovery (DR) facility in Clarksburg West Virginia. Qualified candidates must be willing and able to work with engineering teams to fail-over networks and systems in order to maintain the customer's operational capabilities.
When not participating in DR exercises or administrative functions the Systems Admin will work with the production System Administration team to troubleshoot issues, patch and update systems and provide support to system owners and stakeholders.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of IT concepts, principles, methods, and practices.
- Must be able to plan and carry out multiple assignments consecutively.
- Must be able to interpret IT policies, standards, and guidelines.
- Must be able to test and optimize the functionality of systems, networks, and data.
- Must be able to ensure optimal use of commercially available products.
- Must be able to prepare and present reports.
- Must be able to represent the organization in interactions with other organizations.
- Perform all operational user support at Tier 1 and 2 levels.
- Work directly with TSC Engineering Leads regarding troubleshooting and escalation.
- Coordinate with the EOC for FBI enclave issues.
- Work with TSC & CJIS to deploy new Data Center hardware.
- Install and repair all site hardware including workstations/monitors, printers, copiers, fax and phones.
- Candidates will be required to obtain an FBI SCI which will require sitting for a CI polygraph.
- Master's degree in Business, Engineering, Management Sciences, Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related disciplines with two years of relevant experience in system architecture for enterprise-level systems; OR
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Management Sciences, Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related disciplines with four years of relevant experience in system architecture for enterprise-level systems; OR
- Associate's degree in Business, Engineering, Management Sciences, Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related disciplines with six years of relevant experience in system architecture for enterprise-level systems; OR
- Eight years of relevant experience.
- Must have a Top-Secret Clearance with SCI eligibility
- Must have CompTIA A+, Security+ or Network+
- Experience working in a 24/7 operational environment and working on call rotation.
- Experience in a Tier 2/3 Operational environment working on production systems and software including NetApp, JBoss, Oracle, NoSQL, SQL, VMWare, Windows 7, Microsoft Server 2008 and 2012, System Center Configuration Manager, Active Directory, SharePoint and the entire Microsoft Office suite.
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.
This job has expired.