EOE Statement Greenman-Pedersen, Inc. (GPI) is a multi-discipline engineering firm providing planning, design and construction services for transportation infrastructure and building system projects throughout the United States for over 50 years. Ranked in the Top 100 Firms by Engineering News Record, GPI is a forward thinking, innovative firm with a culture that is committed to excellence and fosters staff empowerment. For more information visit: http://www.gpinet.com/. GPI offers excellent benefits, including a 401(k) plan, ESOP, medical/dental/visions plans, and vacation/sick/personal time and more. GPI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Greenman-Pedersen, Inc. (GPI) is seeking an entry-level Structural Engineer for our Buffalo, NY office. You will gain valuable experience working under the guidance of a licensed PE while working on a variety of structural projects.
- Structural rehabilitation of existing buildings, expansion of existing and new facilities
- Field inspection and condition assessments
- Design of simple and complex bridges and ancillary structures
- Perform structural calculations and analyses for various structure types
- Use reference standards and codes applicable to buildings and bridges using steel, concrete, masonry, and timber
- Preparation of drawings, CSI specifications, and NYSDOT specifications
- Develop construction cost estimates
- Review of construction product submittal and shop fabrication drawings
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering required; Master's preferred
- EIT required
- 1-3 years of structural design experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Proficient with MathCad, AutoCAD, and structural analysis finite element software
- Ability to read and understand plans and direction given in the English language
- Ability to write in English
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to create and or edit Microsoft Word documents
- Ability to create and or edit Microsoft Excel documents
- Ability to create and or edit Microsoft Exchange emails with attachments
Shift -not applicable-
Position Office Engineer
Division Greenman-Pedersen, Inc.
Location GP13 - Buffalo Main
This job has expired.