Keller Management Services, LLC is the parent company of leading specialty construction companies across North America. We are part of the leading international ground engineering firm, Keller Group, PLC based in the UK.
We are seeking a highly motivated Benefits Analyst to become a member of our corporate team located in Hanover, MD.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provides first level and advanced support of employees by answering Benefits Line phone calls and emails regarding Health & Welfare and 401(k) benefits.
- Assists employees with understanding their Medical/Dental/Vision Life & Disability benefits and enrolling via the Self-Service Benefits Portal. Answers employee questions and refers to correct resource.
- Communicates with insurance carriers to resolve enrollment issues.
- Understands and explains 401(k) eligibility, employer match, loan provisions, etc. Reviews and processes 401(k) rollover requests. Communicates weekly funding amounts to respective business unit accounting teams.
- Acts as liaison with third-party COBRA administrator to ensure that COBRA notifications are prepared in a timely manner. Communicates subsidy arrangements to COBRA TPA. Resolves data discrepancies resulting from file feed issues.
- Administers FMLA, Short- and Long-Term Disability benefits including distribution of notifications, follow up with employees, communication with insurance carrier, ADA accommodations dialogue, and weekly submission of STD time entry to ensure approved payments are made via payroll.
- Responsible for understanding and administering state paid sick leave and family leave laws; coordinates appropriate benefits in conjunction with FMLA and company-provided STD benefits.
- Manages data flow and analytics. Works in conjunction with HRIS team to manage and trouble shoot Benefits Portal issues; Prepares data analysis for reporting and special projects.
- Processes life insurance claims and communicates benefit information to family members/beneficiaries. Coordinates on-site EAP counseling for workplace accidents.
- Reviews weekly payroll to ensure benefit changes are reflected properly. Acts as liaison between Benefits team and Payroll Department for benefit-related payroll corrections.
- Creates, updates and maintains employee communications. Drafts and reviews written material and assists in organizing and processing annual benefits open enrollment communications and elections.
- Presents Benefits and 401(k) related education sessions.
- Administers Canadian Benefits to include Health & Welfare Benefits and retirement plan (RRSP) benefits.
- Provides HR process flow analysis, review of current processes and documentation, and collaborates on the development of process flow changes for all benefits transactions and data.
- Review and process Qualified Medical Child Support Orders (QMSCO)
- Stays current on applicable employment laws, regulations, and benefit plan design trends.
Qualifications will include:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Management or related field or work experience equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years experience of HRIS, 401(k) and benefits administration with a self-funded plan, or related experience
- Must have strong software skills to include, but not limited to HRIS systems and Excel skills.
- Must have in depth knowledge of Federal and State benefit laws pertaining to benefits including: ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, ACA, HIPAA and State Paid Leave laws and Section 125 plans.
- Experience administering benefits for a self-funded multi-state employer; Canadian benefits a Plus
- Must have strong organizational, time-management, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills including excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have experience working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- Must have high quality customer service skills.
- Must have the ability to focus on details and demonstrate accuracy.
- Must have ability to handle confidential information in an appropriate manner.
- Must be teamwork focused and collaborative
- Occasional travel required
- Bi-lingual in Spanish and/or French a plus
Keller is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage qualified women, minorities, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and others to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Keller Foundations is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage qualified women, minorities, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and others to apply.
This job has expired.