Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is searching for an Electrical & Instrumentional Technician with offshore experience on a production platform in the oil and gas industry.
Work schedule of 14x14 with a work terminal out of Houma, LA.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
- Assists in operations by maintaining all electrical equipment including safety systems.
- Receives written, diagrammatic, and/or verbal instructions and determines appropriate actions for all work performed; Prepares written work orders for other personnel to complete repair, maintenance, installation and testing task.
- Replaces faulty wiring and electrical components such as relays, switches, motors, printed circuit boards and position sensing devices.
- Maintains current technical knowledge of government and company policies, codes and regulations.
- Prepares written or computer-generated purchase orders when necessary, maintains proper levels of equipment inventories.
- Responsible for following safety procedures and maintain safety data.
- May be required to travel to worksite via marine or helicopter transport.
- May be required to reside at worksite on a predetermined work schedule.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills / Qualifications Required:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); 3+ years of offshore electrician experience on a production platform required; experience with medium to high voltage needed. Preferred:
Associate's degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school with experience; 3-5 years offshore experience with 4160 voltage and switchgear experience preferred
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
This job has expired.