Reporting to the VP/GM of the Indiana District, this position will be responsible for all district production services support including field compliance with the Martin Marietta Mobile Equipment Management Program policies and standards. This position's primary responsibilities will include planning maintenance activities, set up of plants - mobile and fixed, and improving mobile equipment productivity and improvement initiatives aligned with operational excellence objectives.
- Collaborate to develop, implement, and provide oversite for those strategies, programs, and policies supporting world class mobile equipment ownership, operations, and maintenance.
- Ensure annual, five-year, and ten-year major mobile equipment repair, rebuild, and replacement plans are created, updated, and reported quarterly.
- Coordinate and provide direct supervisory support for major equipment repairs, rebuilds.
- Provide direct mobile equipment maintenance and operational technical support to the operations.
- Ensure that all preventive maintenance, maintenance scheduling, and contamination control standards are being adhered to.
- Conduct site audits and operational studies to identify cost reduction and equipment utilization improvement opportunities.
- Assist in setting up plants, fixed-based primary stations and portable plants.
- Track manhours of repairs and analyze cost savings.
- Provide maintenance and maintenance management training to operations personnel.
- Serve as the primary liaison with local OEM dealer suppliers ensuring dealer alignment with Martin Marietta goals.
- Coordinate and oversee the implementation and use of oil sampling, condition monitoring, telemetry, and other equipment management technologies
- Provide or ensure Root Cause Failure Analyses are performed on all major components not meeting targeted lives and condition reports on those components that meet or exceed targeted lives.
- Provide monthly reports on major equipment events, on-time preventive maintenance completions, contamination control measures, fleet trends, fleet availability, and utilization.
- Crusher (cone, jaw and impactor) rebuilds
- Screen maintenance, installation and bearing and deck replacement
- Dredge repairs, pumps, cutterhead drives, winches, etc.
- Manage district fabrication department consisting of various projects including chutes, conveyors, hoppers, bins, and loader bucket rebuilds
- Decision Making
- Drive for Results
- Relationship Building
This position will have direct reports of maintenance fabricators, welders and electrical department.
This job operates 60% of the time in mining locations to include quarries, mines and remote offices. About 40% of the time will be in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and copiers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Travel will be frequent and primarily within the district. Out-of-area and overnight travel is not frequent.
Required Education and Experience:
- Associates Degree or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum of three years of supervisory/management experience.
- Minimum of five years of experience planning maintenance activities.
- Five years of experience maintaining and repairing large mobile and/or fixed equipment fleet desired.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Solid understanding of reliability centered maintenance principles and predictive maintenance technologies.
- Previous experience planning, managing resources and project management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including written and oral communications.
- Proven leadership and team building skills for creating employee ownership of safety, quality, and production.
- Time management skills; ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects.
- Highly skilled in use of Microsoft Project, Excel, Power Point and other productivity tools
Martin Marietta will provide equal opportunities to all employees and all applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, marital status, United States military veteran's status, or mental or physical disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.