The Distribution Center Warehouse Manager is responsible for the production, safety, and efficiency of the warehouse operation. Ensures customer needs are met in the most efficient manner possible and that the assets of the company are protected while supervising the activities of all associates in the warehouse. Continually communicates strategy, initiatives, and policy throughout the organization through warehouse associate meetings, supervisors' meetings, and individual coaching sessions to fully align all associates with company goals, objectives, and strategy.
Duties & Responsibilities
Qualifications & Education Requirements
- Manage, evaluate, motivate, and lead all associates. Directly manage all warehouse associates to maintain a cohesive, motivated, and capable team.
- Monitor and manage all aspects of associate attendance, ensure planning, direction, and scheduling of associates' assignments to optimize labor and align workflow.
- Manage all aspects of order processing. Verify order and item validity, allocate inventory, and ensure pick locations are filled.
- Act as primary contact for freight vendors, assign outbound carriers, file claims, and track overall freight expense.
- Enforce safety standards to ensure compliance with state and federal law, DOT, OSHA regulations, and distribution center operation's policy and procedure.
- Report the status of all warehouse activities to the operations manager to ensure continuity of awareness among distribution center leadership team.
- Able to use various computer applications such as Microsoft Office Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Must be very knowledgeable about DOT and OSHA regulations and human resource policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the security and welfare of warehouse associates, security of the warehouse buildings & facilities.
- Maintain inventory controls, direct recounts, and adjustments.
- Maintain all DC production standards and goals.
- Continually communicate strategy, initiatives, and policies to associates through team meetings and individual coaching sessions.
What's in it for You?
- The ability to use handheld bar code scanning equipment in a paperless warehouse is required.
- Ability to use computer equipment is required along with Microsoft office applications.
- Ability to use WMS and proprietary point of sale software required.
- The ability to stand and walk for up to 3 hours at a time is required.
- The ability to qualify and operate a forklift and lift 20 lbs. regularly and up to 55 lbs. on occasion is required.
- Warehouse experience, such as receiving, picking, stocking, and inventory management preferred.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Benefits
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Direct Deposit & biweekly payroll
- Ability to start a career instead of just another job.
- A collaborative environment where your input is valued daily.
Come join a company where we are collaborative, fast-paced, innovative, and challenging. National Coatings and Supplies is a privately held company headquartered in Raleigh, NC, with over 200 stores in 38 states. Our distribution platform serves a broad range of collision centers and industrial clients across the United States. In 2016, National Coatings & Supplies, the second largest industry distributor merged with Single Source, Inc, the third largest industry distributor. We have already almost doubled our growth and we show no signs of slowing down.
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
This job has expired.