At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
Job Description Summary:
What you need to know about the role:
PayPal is seeking a passionate and innovative security engineering leader to lead the Product Security team. As a Director of Product Security, you will define the strategy and vision for the Product Security organization, and spearhead efforts to scale and seamlessly integrate product security tools and services across the company.
Meet our team:
This role will be central to the transformation of Product Security within PayPal. In addition, you'll build close partnerships with the leadership of our Product Development teams to drive security initiatives and improve product security posture.
Your way to impact:
If you are the kind of person who thinks outside of the box, brings an extra edge to the table to accomplish tasks, and desires to gain real-world experience with a world-class team in the ever-changing security field, please apply for this position.
Your day to day:
What do you need to bring:
- Provide technical and strategic leadership to the Product Security engineering organization for the continued evolution of Secure Product Lifecycle (SPLC) processes and API security across PayPal
- Set the vision and roadmap for Product Security engineering
- Provide input and insights on effectiveness of SPLC and API security initiatives to leaders across PayPal
- Define and own Product Security engineering areas including threat modeling, secure-by-default development, deployment of SPLC tools such as SAST/DAST/OSS scans, CI-CD automation, and developer training
- Own API security initiatives related to detection and remediation of API security vulnerabilities
- Drive initiatives to shift SPLC left and scale standardized frameworks for SPLC adoption across the company
- Collaborate with product engineering teams to enable frictionless processes and tools for hardening applications, services and APIs
- Drive new deployment models such as pipeline-agnostic containers and SaaS tools
- Build a strong engineering organization to deliver significant impact to the company
- 12+ years of experience in information security with 5+ years leading product security engineering
- Proven track record of building and managing top-tier engineering organizations
- Leadership experience in developing and scaling SPLC/SSDLC processes and tools across a large company, security automation, API Security vulnerability detection, and application security hardening
- Ability to establish and report metrics and KPI to the executive leadership team to measure the effectiveness of Product Security engineering
**We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. Please don't hesitate to apply.Additional Job Description:Subsidiary:
- Collaborative and a team-player
- Empathetic leader who sets the team up for success
- Has a track record of building and managing an engineering organization that thrives
- Excellent clarity and concision in written and verbal communication
- Structured, inclusive and timely decision-making skills
- Innovative leader with a bias for action
- Ability to set and articulate a strategic vision that inspires and motivates the team
PayPal is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
Actual Compensation is based on various factors including but not limited to work location, and relevant skills and experience.
The total compensation for this practice may include an annual performance bonus (or other incentive compensation, as applicable), equity, and medical, dental, vision, and other benefits. For more information, visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com.
The U.S. national annual pay range for this role is
$120300 to $287100Our Benefits:
At PayPal, we're committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can't do this without our most important asset-you. That's why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.comWho We Are:
Click Here to learn more about our culture and community.
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any general requests for consideration of your skills, please Join Our Talent Community.
As part of PayPal's commitment to employees' health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
This job has expired.