Kenyon College invites applications for the position of Director of Enrollment Operations and Technology. Reporting to the Vice President for Enrollment Management and serving as a core leader within the division, the Director of Enrollment Operations and Technology provides technical, data, and systems strategic and operational leadership in support of the Enrollment Division. This individual will ensure the high-quality execution of and leadership to technology supported business processes, data management, systems management, project management, reporting and analytics, and process design. This position will be supported by a Senior Business Application Manager and Business Intelligence Analyst and will be a thoughtful communicator on issues relevant to recruitment, admissions, financial aid and retention. A wide range of audiences will benefit from this person's ability to summarize data analysis results, statistical methods and implementation.
- Provide strategic vision and enhancement planning to Kenyon's on-premise and hosted/SaaS Enrollment technologies and platforms.
- Regularly evaluate and assess the comprehensive technology and data ecosystem and determine gaps and opportunities for improvement.
- Ensure the Vice President for Enrollment Management, Enrollment Leadership Team, and all Enrollment staff have all data and systems needed to effectively meet the goals of the division.
- Manage and/or track all technologies and platforms utilized by Enrollment (some centralized), including Slate, FrontRush, PowerFaids, Banner ERP, DualEnroll, BigTree CMS, others.
- Provide project management of new implementations and upgrades and assessments of technology or data gaps within Enrollment systems.
- Oversee and manage all features, processes, and functions associated with Kenyon's CRM recruitment system (Slate by Technolutions), supported by a Senior Business Application Manager.
- Serve as primary data steward of all enrollment data to internal partners like the Offices of Institutional Research, Academic Advising, First Year Programs, the Registrar's Office, Program Directors and Faculty associated with the College's access and diversity programs.
- Establish and lead an effort to provide communication and tracking tools to a cross-divisional Retention Team establishing appropriate alerts and providing data to prioritize outreach.
- Support College strategic initiatives for expansion of summer and dual enrollment programs.
- Serve as primary data steward of all enrollment data to external partners particularly those engaged in enrollment / predictive modeling and market research; membership organizations.
- Ensure impeccable data integrity and security throughout all enrollment systems and reporting tools.
- Support a wide variety of technology and data needs of an Enrollment division, including focuses of student recruitment, inquiry management, application management, travel planning, event planning, reading and selection, communications, and retention.
- Serve as primary business intelligence resource for report writing, business intelligence support, and strategic and operational data analysis, supported by a Business Intelligence Analyst.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive systems and data documentation across all Enrollment systems and data repositories. Serve as primary liaison to central technology division for collaboration and shared practices (LIBIS), as well as key point of contact for all campus stakeholders.
- Experience with Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) systems. (Technolutions' Slate experience is preferred, not required).
- Expertise with data structures and analytical tools.
- Ability to think creatively and analytically. Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities and projects concurrently.
- Ability to work both independently, with little direct supervision and collaboratively, as a member of a team.
- A customer-friendly and positive attitude, especially while working under pressure.
- Ability to cultivate and manage key relationships.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Supervisory or management experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Technology-related field or equivalent relevant experience.
- High degree of comfort with technology and data management/manipulation.
- Experience with Ellucian's Banner ERP. Experience with writing data expressions, including in SQL (preferred, but not required).
- Experience with CRM systems (i.e Slate, FrontRush).
- Familiar with Student Financial Aid systems, such as PowerFAIDs.
- Knowledge of third-party application platforms (e.g. Coalition, Common App).
- Familiar with CMS systems (i.e. BigTree).
- Relevant technology experience that demonstrates a working knowledge of systems, data analysis and/or higher education admissions operations.
- Remote/hybrid work environment may be an option for this position.
Kenyon College is a nationally prominent, private liberal arts college where academic excellence goes hand in hand with a strong sense of community and close relationships among students and professors.
Compensation and Benefits
Salaries at Kenyon are competitive and commensurate with experience. In addition to an attractive salary, Kenyon offers benefits for employees and their family members. Children of employees are eligible for 100% tuition waivers at Kenyon, and through the Great Lakes Colleges Association, children of employees are eligible for 85% tuition waivers at fifteen other of the nation's finest liberal arts colleges.
We also offer health and dental insurance, TIAA/CREF retirement (suspended for the 20-21 year), and many other benefits, including provisions for a spouse, families, and domestic partners. Details about benefits as well as conditions of employment are described more fully in our Staff Handbook.
Kenyon is a unique place to live and work. To discover why it should be your next home, click here.
Kenyon College is an equal opportunity employer and applications from members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged. It is the College's policy to evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, physical and/or mental disability, age, religion, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by institutional policy or state, local, or federal law. Kenyon College has a strong commitment to supporting diversity, equity and inclusion. Please visit our Diversity at Kenyon website.