Change people's lives and love what you do! Cochlear is the most recognized brand in hearing health care.
Director, Learning and Development (Customer Experience)
About the role
- 10+ years of experience with a deep understanding of experiential learning, gamification, and emerging trends in Learning & Development. Previous experience as a change leader for transformational change in this space is ideal.
- This role combines Learning & Development, Knowledge Management and Quality Assurance to provide end-to-end synergy between these three important areas in Customer Experience.
Cochlear is helping people hear, and be heard, all over the world. Come be a part of our amazing mission! If you love finding new and cutting-edge ways to engage learners including experiential learning and gamification, while also understanding how technical knowledge resources and customer service quality assurance programs work in conjunction with a solid customer experience training program, this is a great opportunity. You will join our Customer Experience team with oversight for three distinct, but very connected, areas: Learning and Development, Knowledge Management, and customer interaction-focused Quality Assurance. Learning and Development will encompass Customer Experience and Insurance Services teams; the role will have a dotted line relationship to the VP, Finance & Operational Efficiency (head of Insurance Services) as well. In this role, you will be based in our Americas head office in Lone Tree, CO.
Your success in this role is measured by the speed at which team members become proficient in their role and the pace of ongoing knowledge acquisition over time. The path will include leading the transformation away from traditional classroom training to more modular training that is flexible and impactful. You will work with business leaders, global talent development and the global customer service council to define and develop learning methodologies that are nimble, effective, and efficient for adult learners in the Customer Experience space. You will have a seat at the Operations table as you become the change agent for how new hires in our Customer Experience and Insurance Services teams learn.Key ResponsibilitiesLearning & Development
- Develop and implement the organization's overall L&D strategy for all team members within Customer Service, Supply Chain and Insurance Services.
- Anticipate and eliminate future skills gaps through incisive new, nimble L&D programming to drive speed of team members to proficiency in role.
- Lead a function of people leaders and facilitators, providing guidance, support and coaching to ensure their professional growth and program delivery excellence.
- Accountable for overseeing all knowledge-related activities, including the management, capturing, sharing, accessibility and maintenance of knowledge assets that include customer service, supply chain, and insurance services.
- Identify knowledge platform needs or opportunities for improvement and propose strategic solutions, implementation plans, governance, and project management oversight.
- Partner with insurance services reimbursement systems and provider enrolment team to align knowledge management resources across that stream (managed within that stream).
- Accountable for the quality program that monitors customer interactions and measures performance against standards and policies for the organization specific to customer service and supply chain.
- Partner with stakeholders to instill quality into our processes and prevent errors/incorrect information from being shared with customers.
- Development and implement KPIs, service levels, and/or performance measures that address quality assurance effectiveness and efficiency.
To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to meet and demonstrate the following knowledge, skills, and abilities in your application and at interview:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 10+ years of experience
- Proven success leading and evolving a Learning & Development function with deep experience in quality assurance and/or knowledge management preferred. Experience in a highly regulated industry required.
- Experience creating, implementing, and monitoring KPIs for a business operation with the proven ability to reassess goals and indicators as needed to improve performance.
- Deep understanding and application of experiential learning, gamification and/or emerging trends in L&D is required; internal Cochlear experience in training, coaching, or learning and development can be considered in lieu of this.
In addition to the opportunity to develop your knowledge and grow professionally, we offer competitive wages and benefits.
Who are we?
- Pay Range in the United States: $150,000 - $185,000 per year based upon experience, as well as an annual bonus opportunity of 20% of base salary. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.
- Benefit package includes medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance as well as 401(K) matching with immediate vesting, Paid Time Off, tuition reimbursement, maternity and paternity leave, Employee Stock Purchase Plan and pet insurance.
Human needs have always been our inspiration, ever since Professor Graeme Clark set out to create the first multi-channel cochlear implant because he saw his father struggle with hearing loss. We always start with people in mind - thinking about their needs.
For this reason, our products, services and support will continue to evolve and improve. We are by our customers' side through the entire hearing journey, so they can experience a life full of hearing. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people's lives and working in an organization where they can be part of bringing the mission to life each day.Physical & Mental Demands
The physical and mental demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to be in a stationary (seated/standing) position; utilize business technology for work product delivery, communicate orally and in writing with others internal or external to the organization, utilize problem solving/critical thinking skills to discern and convey information. May be asked to occasionally transport/move up to 30 pounds, depending on the position. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus. The individual is regularly required to utilize comprehension, critical thinking, communication, problem solving, organization reasoning, relating to others and discernment of items such as product specifications, procedures and processes to customers (whether internal or external). Influence, organization/classification of information and planning are also required.
The work environment is an office and home office environment; these are representative of those an individual may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. COVID-19: In alignment with our organizational principle of providing a safe work environment, employees of Cochlear are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. The only allowable exceptions include qualifying medical and religious accommodation. Proof of your COVID-19 vaccination will be required when you begin employment.Apply now
by completing your application form online. Applicants must meet the job specific application criteria to be considered. Visit our careers site at www.cochlear.us/careers to learn more.
Cochlear Americas is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Cochlear will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation with completing the online application, please contact us via web or phone at 303-264-2549.
This job has expired.