Posted in Medical and Nursing
Typical works 16 hours per week. Sunday- Saturday, 4:15 pm - 7 pm: Every other weekend /holiday; On-call
SCOPE OF SERVICE/CUSTOMER:
Under general supervision, assists in providing high quality and appropriate food service to meet the nutritional requirements of all age groups from infants to the elderly, by performing the following tasks, including, but not limited to assisting in the assembling and delivery of food trays/meals for patients/residents, works in the dish room and performs a variety of cleaning related duties.
Customers Include: patients/residents, family of patients/residents, employees, co-workers, volunteers, physicians and childcare.
1. Adheres to the principles of caring and expected behaviors outlined in MercyOne Dubuque/Dyersville Medical Center's Model of Caring and Trinity Health's Code of Conduct, fostering a climate where all customers are treated in a manner consistent with MercyOne Dubuque/Dyersville Medical Center's Mission and Values.
2. Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State and local laws and regulations, Trinity Health's Organizational Integrity Program, Standards of Conduct, as well as other policies and procedures in order to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical and professional behavior.
3. Demonstrates the Mission and Values of MercyOne Dubuque/Dyersville Medical Center.
4. Demonstrates ability to participate in positive communication, confidentiality, and professional behavior
5. Demonstrates flexibility to complete tasks as assigned.
6. Assists in preparing patient/resident trays/meals by having station set up and/or having menu items prepared according to guidelines and serving accurately.
7. Maintains safe and sanitary environment for foodservice and cleaning of equipment. Uses appropriate chemicals for cleaning and sanitizing.
8. Responsible for clean up of station, prepares dishes and utensils for washing, and properly stores dishes and utensils after washing. Cleans dish machine and/or pots and pans area per procedure.
9. Demonstrates activity to impact change within your department and with other departments.
10. Promotes and establishes effective relationships within the department, with other departments, physicians and with hospital guests and clients.
11. Takes an active role in enhancing abilities to carry out job functions through personal and
professional/job-related growth and development.
12. Performs other related duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. Maintains a professional, collaborative work environment to foster a positive public image for MercyOne Dubuque/Dyersville Medical Center.
2. Knows and adheres to all laws and regulations pertaining to patient health, safety, food safety, and medical information (i.e. HIPAA, etc.)
3. Ability to read, speak and follow simple oral and written instructions
4. Ability to perform simple calculations.
5. Manual dexterity and motor coordination required to operate foodservice equipment, dish machine, pot/pan machine and serve foods on trayline and/or in Senior Care.
6. Effective communication skills.
Maintain a cordial and courteous attitude in contacts with co-workers, MercyOne staff, patients/residents and guests.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
1. Works in clean, well lighted and ventilated kitchen.
2. Continuously (80% or more of work time) stands and walks short distances.
3. Frequently (21-50% of work time) reaches for, lifts and carries equipment and materials weighing up to 50 lbs.
4. Job requires frequent (21-50% of work time) balancing, pushing, pulling and occasional bending, stooping, squatting and reaching.
5. Must be able to work around moving machinery and adapt to changes in temperature and humidity.
6. Handles food under safe and sanitary conditions.
7. Works inside.
8. Must be able to see at a near vision acuity level.
9. Must be able to speak and hear speech.
10. Must adhere to applicable organizational requirements on an annual basis for Employee Health Directives.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
1. Experience is not required.
2. On-the-job training is provided to reach normal productivity under close supervision.
3. High School diploma desirable, but not required.
4. Child and Dependent Adult Abuse Mandatory Reporter Training is required within 6 months of hire and every 3 years thereafter.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
*By registering with our site, you agree to our