Location: REMOTELocation: REMOTEDuration: 12 months contractual - possible conversion
Description: Our client is currently seeking a Development Analyst
The Development Analyst is responsible for creating solutions based on requirements using SQL. The person in this role is responsible for writing business and/or technical requirements and validating that the developed solutions meets those needs. They will work with guidance on routine activities and evenutally become independent. They will actively participate in ensuring high quality solutions and applies an understanding of testing methodologies.
The Development Analyst will effectively communicate with business stakeholders and the QA/UAT team and will contribute to solution design through analysis and discussion. They are responsible for the documentation of processes, are aware of agreed-upon timeframes and protocols and holds themselves accountable for meeting high standards.
The above will be achieved through demonstrated integrity, improving the client experience, and clearly collaborating with others. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Write and optimize SQL statements to store, sort, and retrieve data
- Develop solutions to meet the business requirements while meeting time and cost constraints
- Develop and revise stored procedures based on clearly or loosely defined requirements.
- Handle common database procedures such as backups and restores
- Adhere to Change Management and best practices
- Prepare documentation and specifications
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Actively participate in departmental meetings, training, and education. Assist with training other employees and providing backup
- Other duties may be assigned as needed by managementRequired skillsets:
BS/BA or equivalent experience, strong SQL scripting experience, ability to optimize large complicated SQL statements, strong analytical problem solving skills and strong team collaboration experience.Preferred qualifications:
Experience with SSIS, Experience deriving and building case-based testing from business requirements, health care claims experience a plusContact:
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com