Come work with us at Spencer's & Spirit Halloween, where you'll be working with the best and brightest colleagues as you help us deliver the most fun experience and product possible to our guests. We're fast-paced and take our work seriously, but we always have a good laugh at the end of the day. Walk through our stores or the halls of our corporate office and you'll see firsthand that we're laidback and irreverent. We're firm believers in being true to YOU, so tattoos and piercings are as common as watercooler convos. Whether it's critiquing our new exclusive costumes or quality testing newly implemented software technology, our teams understand the importance of working collaboratively to challenge status quo and achieve our goals. We keep pushing ourselves to go above and beyond and are looking for top talent to become a part of our team!
We offer the following benefits:
- 30% discount on merchandise
- competitive salary
- career advancement
- Bonus opportunity
- an excellent benefits package including Vacation/Sick/Holiday pay, Medical/Dental/Disability/Life and AD&D insurance & 401k.
The Spirit team is currently seeking an experienced Design Manager. The Design Manager is responsible for the creative vision of a project from conception through production. Must be a pro-active, forward thinker and have the ability to support product design strategies. The role requires a manager that has experience building strong relationships with internal cross-functional teams and external partners. This position will report directly to DVP of Product Development. Responsibilities:
This is a hands-on role with multiple types of projects that may include:
* Management and Design of multiple product lines for Seasonal businesses. Managing process and prioritizing schedules based on product development calendar.
* Collaborating with cross functional teams to design fun collections and innovative product, infusing story and ensuring product is on brand.
* Interacting with internal departments including Art Directors, Project Managers, Creative Services, the Overseas support team & Merchants.Daily Responsibilities may include:
* Hands on design from concept to consulting with vendors.
* Research and Development - Evaluate trends and consumer insights to identify new business, explore current design trends, innovations, etc. and create concept boards for presentation.
* Concept design and ideation - Create innovative new products through collaborative team brainstorming and exploration.
* Prepare all necessary components for design presentations and product review meetings.
* Provide accurate design overlays based on strong understanding of fabrications and production.
* Management of product design throughout the development process.
* Close communication with vendors & R&D teams domestic and overseas.
* Required to travel when necessary.
This job has expired.
- Minimum 8 years design/product development experience within the consumer product industry.
- Licensing expertise is a plus.
- Possess a solid understanding of the Consumer Products business.
- 2+ yrs in a management role a plus.
- Degree in design/illustration. Fashion/product.
- High level of attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of product manufacturing and process.
- Works well as part of a team and can manage schedule (an absolute MUST).
- Self-starting, self-motivating, and self-managing; a solid team player.
- Project management skills; the ability to multi-task and handle several projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work against strict deadlines and rapid changes in regards to direction of development and priorities.
- Ability to deliver presentations with full command of material and ability to steer a discussion toward actionable conclusions.