The Internet Lead supports and guides Internet associates in their daily job duties and responsibilities. The primary function of the Internet department is to match online order tickets to products and to pack orders received from online purchases. Additionally, this position supports other departments/zones as needed to achieve the overall business objectives of the distribution and refurbishment centers This position works under general supervision, interacting with a supervisor several times a day to receive guidance and feedback. Most non-routine activities will require a supervisor's advance approval.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
- Ensure product and processes flow smoothly and that team members have sufficient support to perform their daily job functions.
- Report personnel shortages and other issues to Supervisor.
- Track production data for the department and prepare reports as needed.
- Pack orders placed via the internet and arrange products so as to withstand shipment without being damaged; this includes determining the appropriate box size to ensure shipping efficiencies.
- Ensure all items listed on packing slip are included in the package.
- Catalogue, process and ship iDevice products; including creating shipments using UPS world ship system efficiently, while ensuring quality and production is being met.
- Maintain a neat, clean work area by picking up and discarding paper, packing/wrapping materials, empty cartons, and all trash/debris throughout work shift.
- Communicate all issues to management that could result in process delays, safety issues, or otherwise cause loss to the company or its associates.
- Work closely with other team members to ensure that daily production, quality, and safety goals are achieved or exceeded
- Work in other areas of the Distribution and Refurb Centers as directed to ensure the balanced, efficient completion of workload to achieve overall department goals.
Coaching - Provides timely guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge / skill areas needed to accomplish a task or solve a problem.
Planning and Organizing - Establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
Quality Orientation - Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
Safety Awareness - Identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee safety; upholding safety standards.
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Must be at least 18 years of age and present state-required proof of age documents
- High school diploma or GED required
- At least one year of experience as an Internet Associate required (Internal candidates only)
- At least one year of work experience in a distribution center or warehouse environment required
- Must be able to lift and/or move boxes, totes and other objects weighing up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to bend, stoop, climb on ladders, and drag wooden pallets weighing up to 60 pounds on an infrequent, as needed basis
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Working understanding of basic math functions (add, subtract, multiply, divide)
- Working knowledge of common business computer systems and applications - specifically, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel
- Ability to communicate effectively with others using spoken and written English - bilingual English/Spanish communication skills preferred
- Possess the dexterity to utilize writing utensils (pen/pencil), calculators, small hand-held tools, manual razors and other mechanical/electrical equipment without assistance
- Ability to work under demanding time constraints and production goals
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with others; conducts working relationships in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization
- Possess the learning capacity to receive and apply cross-functional training; willingness to assist other functions and work groups as needed so the department achieves or exceeds its overall business objectives
- Ability to comprehend and adhere to all GameStop policies and procedures including, but not limited to, those related to attendance and scheduling requirements, honesty and integrity, confidentiality, safety, and conflict of interest