A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
We do our work in three fields: healthcare, life science, and performance materials. Across these three areas, we bring specialist and high-quality products to the world. We work on everything from groundbreaking prescription medicines that treat conditions such as cancer and infertility to over-the-counter products for colds and pain. We provide scientists and engineers with best-in-class lab materials, technologies, and services, and are dedicated to making research and biotech production simpler, faster, and more successful. We develop specialty chemicals for demanding applications, innovative liquid crystals for displays, effect pigments for coatings and color cosmetics, and high-tech materials to produce integrated circuits. As a Data Scientist in our group you will:
Who you are:Minimum requirements
- Quickly understand the operations supply chain of the assigned project, identify critical data requirements, evaluate data in hand, work with cross-functional groups within the organization to fetch missing data sets, and provide recommendations to business leaders based on insights gained from data science analytics
- Determine backend data requirements to establish connections between an enterprise and big data systems, and manage data ingestion process using Palantir Foundry
- Establish reproducible, scalable, efficient automated processes for large-scale data analysis, model development, model validation, and model implementation
- Research and implement novel statistical and machine learning techniques to solve the strategic data-based problem at hand
- Find new ways to leverage data and information to produce business insights that could lead to new approaches in the areas of business organization, recruitment, and retention of knowledge workers
- Contribute to Operations related projects aimed at supporting the business through the combination of various data sources, generation of data analytics, insights, and recommendation development of statistical models and algorithms that can be easily reused and leveraged for other projects across the organization
- Master's degree in data science/Data Analytics MS and 1-2 years of experience
- Strength in statistics, predictive analytics, hands-on experience in a programming language (Python and R specifically), and data visualization in Tableau
- Experience with data management, data ingestion, and data transformation in big data analytics platforms
- Experience in cleansing and analyzing complex data, and generating actionable insights to drive and implement change
- A firm grasp on data analysis using R, pandas, matplotlib, sklearn, and other stats packages
- Adaptable and flexible to shift between projects or priorities, if necessary
- Sharp communicator and talented presenter with the ability to translate technical content and ideas effectively into business settings
- Ability to work with virtual teams
What we offer:
- PhD Data Science / Statistics
- Ability to think systematically and with a strategic orientation
- Excellent interpersonal skills in a multi-cultural environment
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel (e.g. macros, pivot tables)
- A self-motivated worker who is hungry to learn, act and innovate
- A bold and audacious individual who has the confidence to believe that you, as a Data Scientist, can change the industry
- Accountable, proactive in the style of working and working with the "end result in mind"
With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!Curious?
Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 214905
Career Level: C - Professional (1-3 years)
Working time model: full-time
This job has expired.