ECS is a federal contractor. As such, we are subject an Executive Order requiring all employees of federal contractors to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by January 4th, 2022. Therefore, by applying for this position, you understand that you will be required to verify that you have been, or will be, fully vaccinated by January 4th, 2022, or to verify that you cannot be vaccinated due to a legally recognized exception to the vaccine mandate set forth in the Executive Order.
Note: An individual is not considered to be fully vaccinated until two weeks after receiving the second vaccine dosage in a vaccine regimen involving two vaccines.
The above does not apply to personnel applying to United States Postal Service positions, however, as an ECS employee you will be required to complete the ECS COVID-19 survey to be compliant with Executive Order 14024.
ECS is seeking a Data Center Engineer I to work in our Albuquerque, NM office.
Organization is responsible for managing the daily activities of critical IT services. This includes working in collaboration with the SNL Facilities team in several 24×7 data center environments to ensure all critical systems are operational supporting the mission of the IT infrastructure. To ensure success, candidate, you should exhibit sound knowledge of VMware ESX and related technologies, and experience in a similar role. An accomplished candidate will be someone whose expertise results in the successful management of VMware products in a datacenter environment.
- Troubleshoot and resolve VMware environment issues.
- Provide technical support and documenting VMware processes.
- Respond to System Administrators and performance issues and assist with replacement of customer owned equipment as resources are available.
- Availability to resolve urgent VMware environment problems outside of business hours.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance
- BS/BA Degree
- Excellent communication (both oral and written), collaboration, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
- Exceptional analytical and technical aptitude.
- Great organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills.
- Extensive knowledge of the fundamentals of VMware ESX and related technologies.
- Familiarity with a VMware vCenter and other management tools and software.
- Experience in Linux, and/or Windows Operating System (OS), including file management, scripting, editing, and security.
- Proficient with VMWARE ESX versions 6.7 and 7.0
- Lifecycle and patch management experience.
- Hold a VCTA-DCV Certification
- Minimum of 2 years' experience as a VMware engineer.
- VMware Administrator experience of 2-5 years.
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.