EOE Statement Greenman-Pedersen, Inc. (GPI) is a multi-discipline engineering firm providing planning, design and construction services for transportation infrastructure and building system projects throughout the United States for over 50 years. Ranked in the Top 100 Firms by Engineering News Record, GPI is a forward thinking, innovative firm with a culture that is committed to excellence and fosters staff empowerment. For more information visit: http://www.gpinet.com/. GPI offers excellent benefits, including a 401(k) plan, ESOP, medical/dental/visions plans, and vacation/sick/personal time and more. GPI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Category Construction Inspection
Greenman-Pedersen, Inc. (GPI) is looking for highly qualified, detail-oriented Construction Inspectors to work on various transportation infrastructure construction projects in the Portland, ME area. Projects may include paving, roadway, utility, bridge, or heavy highway construction. Local candidates are preferred.
- Experience working with MaineDOT, Maine Turnpike Authority, NHDOT or other public agency standard specifications
- Municipal experience is a plus
- well-rounded, motivated individuals with varying levels of experience on transportation construction projects
- NETTCP Paving/Soils Inspector, ACI, stormwater/erosion control, and/or traffic control certifications all a plus
Position Requirements Minimum Requirements:
- Qualified candidate must have a valid driver's license and retain a clean motor vehicle report (MVR) for final consideration
- Possess a personal vehicle for use during the day for transportation to and from and on or around a job site
- Ability to read and understand plans and direction given in the English language
- Ability to write in English
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to create and or edit Microsoft Word documents
- Ability to create and or edit Microsoft Excel documents
- Ability to create and or edit Microsoft Exchange emails with attachments
- Possess the ability to stand on your feet for approximately 3 hours minimum a day up to 8 hours a day
- Possess the ability to traverse a construction job site consisting of uneven ground varying in height and consistency of material, with variation of elevation 12" or less (mud, gravel, rutted ground etc.)
- Be able to wear and work using GPI standard PPE, i.e. hard hats, safety vest, work boots, safety glasses/goggles
- Physically able to don, wear and work utilizing a respirator or SCBA type of breathing apparatus
Shift -not applicable-
Position Construction Inspector
Division Greenman-Pedersen, Inc.
Location GP04 - Portland ME
This job has expired.