Responsible for assisting in developing, implementing, maintenance, and monitoring, of privacy program across organization
Key Job Responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Assist with development, implementation and maintenance of Otsuka privacy program.
- Support the Privacy Officer in enterprise-wide initiatives.
- Assist with developing, implementing, and maintaining policies and procedures regarding the privacy of, access to and use of personal information, including Protected Health Information ("PHI").
- Responsible for operationalizing privacy compliance with state, federal and international privacy laws, including HIPAA, CCPA, GDPR, CAN-SPAM, and TCPA.
- Monitor compliance with privacy laws and enterprise policy and procedures, review privacy risk assessments, and promote Privacy by Design strategies for products and programs, including IT and digital health technologies as well as legacy products.
- Partner with training group in development of privacy training initiatives.
- Support vendor auditing process and provide guidance on privacy related controls.
- Support legal department in drafting, negotiating, and executing contracts and other agreements with third parties.
- Support efforts on data governance, risk management, information security, and compliance
- Provide guidance on privacy implications of proposed business changes as needed
- Remain current on privacy laws, developments and best practices, including privacy laws and standards relating to emerging areas such as digital health, connected devices , and big data.
- Provide other support to the Ethics & Compliance group as requested to maintain and continuously improve the comprehensive compliance program.
- Work collaboratively with global privacy office, and with other functions including Legal, IT, and Security to continue to build and enhance the privacy program.
- Minimum of a JD degree is required
- Minimum 5 years in the privacy field required.
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment (i.e. Healthcare/Pharmaceutical/Medical Device/Digital) is required
- Experience operationalizing privacy including experience with implementation is preferred.
- Substantial knowledge and practical understanding of laws affecting privacy and security including HIPAA, CCPA, CAN-SPAM, TCPA and GDPR, and other international privacy regulations is required.
- Privacy certifications such as Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) or other privacy industry related certifications is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, communication, organizational, project management, and presentation skills
- Technical capabilities and mindset is preferred
- Up to 25% travel is required based upon business needs.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the people assigned to this position. It is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to the position. Otsuka reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.Otsuka is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status.Statement Regarding Job Recruiting Fraud Scams
Job postings, job offers, or introductions to enter into a business relationship with Otsuka through a third-party vendor may be unauthorized. Avoid being the subject of a scam by dealing only directly with Otsuka through its official Otsuka Career website https://vhr-otsuka.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External
. Any authorized third-party vendor job boards should redirect any inquiry to this Otsuka Career website.
This job has expired.