A career with EMD Performance Materials is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Customer Applications Specialist is responsible for leading the promotion and closing business for new products to customers to further advance their use within the electronic markets we serve. You will be specifically responsible for Thin Films (TF) new product opportunities for next generation technology nodes with a focus on Deposition Materials.
This position will be based in US and will report to the Global Head of Customer Applications - Thin Film Solutions. Critical to the success in this position is developing deep and lasting relationships with key representatives with assigned strategic customers at all levels of customer organizations.
The position can be based in Carlsbad, CA; Tempe, AZ; San Jose, CA; Boise, ID.
This position is accountable for the following end results:
- Develop and maintain close relationships with key innovators within the organizations at assigned strategic customers to advance the identification of new product opportunities by opening new doors at our strategic customers.
- Identify new Thin Films opportunities and drive engagement to win new materials at assigned strategic customers.
- Communicate and prioritize customers' technical and related commercial needs to Thin Films R&D and Business teams.
- Ensure appropriate Thin Films Market, R&D and Sales teams are leveraged to maximize adoption of new Thin Films products.
The Customer Applications Specialist will be responsible for the following:
- Identify new product opportunities and applications, interpret technical requirements and translate the opportunity requirements to Market Manager and R&D for their evaluation; understand customer roadmap needs
- An understanding of the competitive landscape (i.e., new product introductions, strategic alliances, intellectual property, etc.) that helps to further define our new product development strategy
- The incumbent must have a notable credibility both externally and internally. There is a high degree of collaboration with customers, Thin Films personnel (especially the Technology and Marketing functions) and country/regional Sales teams. The individual must bridge the gap between our customers and EMD Performance Materials to ensure both the technical and commercial success of our products.
- The incumbent must possess a wide range of skills to be successful. The job responsibilities span technical sales, marketing, and technical support activities. Specifically, knowledge of semiconductor processing and the ability to talk on a technical basis with our customers' R&D teams are required. This takes someone with a solid technical background and ability. Secondly, strong sales skills and business acumen are required to promote our new materials to our strategic accounts and also to work with our marketing group to prioritize internal R&D efforts based on future commercial potential. Finally, a high degree of influence and excellent communications skills are required to communicate customer requirements to the global organization and drive the response that our customers require from us to be mutually successful.
- Bachelor's degree in science or engineering (Chemistry, Material Science, Chemical Engineering, etc.)
- 5+ years of experience in the electronic materials space
- Knowledge of semiconductor materials and processes-Thin Film equipment and processes
- Willing and able to make frequent business travel domestically, as required
What we offer:
- Advanced degree in science/engineering/management
- Customer or technical field applications background
- Strong teamwork spirit, inter-personal communication and influencing skills while working independently
- Proven ability to develop and maintain strong relationships at various levels; build credibility and trust with internal partners and customers
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Self-motivated, able to prioritize and take initiative, strong organizational and time management skills
- Proven track record in previous sales or marketing roles
- Hands-on experience in technical marketing, commercial negotiations, business planning, strategy development and execution
With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!Curious?
Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 214832
Career Level: D - Professional (4-9 years)
Working time model: full-time
This job has expired.