Requisition Number: 45402
Location: Boulder Colorado
Employment Type: University Staff
Schedule: Full Time
Posting Close Date: 29-Jan-2023
The Housing Facilities Services (HFS) department at the University of Colorado Boulder encourages applications for the Custodian I position! Our Custodial Team is critical for ensuring that all HFS-related facilities are maintained to the highest standard of cleanliness, functionality, and customer service.
The position will be responsible for maintaining cleanliness in high traffic areas and facilities throughout the CU Boulder Campus, and will interact with students, faculty, staff and guests on a regular basis.
This position is eligible for the following benefits: EcoPass transportation services; 22 vacation days; access to medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; on-campus childcare; a 10% employer contribution retirement plan, and more!
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
Housing Facilities Services (HFS) is a comprehensive facility management operation that provides around-the-clock support to over 10,000 residents and 20,000 conference guests annually. Services include maintenance, repair, renovation, project management, capital construction, housekeeping, and grounds-keeping operations. HFS has approximately 190 full-time employees, as well as approximately 80 part-time and student staff, who all strive to give residents the best living experience possible.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Daily Responsibilities Overview
Snow & Ice Removal
- Use backpack vacuum to thoroughly clean all floor surfaces and stairwells, including entryway mats and elevator door tracks. Vacuum upholstery as needed, as well as erasers and chalk trays in classrooms and conference rooms.
- Mop all hard surface floors regularly, and spot mop spills.
- Empty all waste and recycling receptacles and dispose of trash and recyclable materials in the appropriate containers.
- Dust and/or wash windowsills, glass doors, furniture, elevator walls and all unobstructed horizontal vertical surfaces.
- Clean restrooms using tools such as squeegees, brushes, and high-pressure sprays to clean all surfaces. Restock all supplies daily.
- Clean and perform minor maintenance on custodial equipment to keep it in proper working order and report all equipment needing repairs to the supervisor.
- Remove graffiti, spot clean carpets, and remove gum from floors as needed.
- Scrub and disinfect drinking fountains.
Specialty & Emergency Work
- Provide a safe and healthy environment for students, staff, and visitors by removing ice and snow with shovels, ice scrapers, or salt from outside walks, steps and entrances.
What You Should Know
- Perform initial emergency clean up including water and/or debris.
- Move or assist in the moving of heavy furniture.
- Identify and report updates to building floor plans and maintenance problems such as burned-out bulbs or tubes, running water, and plugged drains to supervisor.
- Assist with the stripping and finishing of hard surface floors.
- Participate in the “Eyes and Ears Program” and "Emergency Response Teams" as needed.
What We Can Offer
- The shift for this position is Monday – Friday, 7am – 3:30pm.
- This position is eligible for the Student Affairs Employee Referral Program.
- Custodians are members of the environmental services team. Environmental services are considered essential services positions.
- This is a fully in-person position working on the CU Boulder campus.
- Interviews will be in person on the CU Boulder campus. Applicants are responsible for all expenses involved in traveling for interviews.
- All University of Colorado Boulder employees are required to follow the campus COVID-19 vaccine requirement.
- New employees must provide proof of vaccination or receive a medical or religious exemption within 30 days of employment.
- The hourly pay is $15.91 per hour, equivalent to $33,092.80 annually.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits
, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder
. Be Statements
Be positive. Be unique. Be Boulder. What We Require
What You Will Need
- Six (6) months of work experience in any field.
- Ability to communicate effectively with supervisors, co-workers, and customers.
- Ability to lift, move and operate cleaning tools and equipment.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
Optional: A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by January 29, 2023
, for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs.
Select here for additional information regarding Classified Staff positions: https://www.colorado.edu/jobs/special-instructions-classified-staff-applicants To apply, visit https://jobs.colorado.edu/jobs/JobDetail/Custodian/45402
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency