It's more than a career, it's a calling
OK-SSM Health Medical Group Shawnee Kethley 3315
Our mission and values put the patient first and helps you to feel valued while respecting teamwork and collaboration. Our CT tech roles are an integral piece in our care team and we see it as a partnership. At SSM Health, we know the healing power of presence begins with compassionate people like you.
Performs computerized tomographic procedures for the diagnosis of disease and injury according to protocols established by radiologists. This position does not perform biopsy procedures.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Prepares and positions patients and selects anatomic and technical parameters accurately.
- Prepares and administers contrast media and/or medications within the accepted scope of practice and applicable state and federal regulations.
- Observes patient during procedure and reports abnormal activity. Monitors protocols and recommends updates or refinements as warranted.
- Follows radiation safety procedures and guidelines.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Licenses / Certifications:
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more).
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through oral communication.
- Frequent use of hearing to distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent lifting/moving of patients.
- Frequent reaching, gripping and keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional use of vision to identify and distinguish colors.
- Occasional bending, stooping, squatting, twisting and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Rare kneeling and sitting.
ARRT-CT Computed Tomography - American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT), ARRT-R Radiography - American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT), ARRT-T Radiation Therapy - American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT), Basic Life Support HealthCare Provider (BLS HCP) - American Heart Association (AHA), Certified Nuclear Medicine Technologist (CNMT) - Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board (NMTCB), Computed Tomography (CT) Credential - Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board (NMTCB), FUTURE - ARRT-CT Computed Tomography within 12 months - American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT), FUTURE - Computed Tomography (CT) Credential within 12 months - Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board (NMTCB), Nuclear Medicine Technology (N) Certification and Registration - American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT), Radiographer, Licensed - Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services, Radiologic Technologists - Illinois Emergency Management Agency (IEMA)Work Shift:
Day Shift (United States of America)Job Type:
24760024 SMCC CTScheduled Weekly Hours:
SSM Health complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex.
Learn more here