Our CT Tech performs procedures on patients of all ages, according to approved protocols, radiation safety, and established exam indicators. Duties also include:
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Schedules and obtains history from patients.
- Evaluates the appropriateness of requested exams to assist radiologists.
- Maintains knowledge of equipment and instruments/supplies pertinent to high quality exams.
- Provides effective internal and external patient communication consistent with age and mental capacity. May travel between SAHS sites.
- Registered as a Computed Tomography (CT) by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT).
- Colleague must obtain a Medical Imaging License for CT issued by the Oregon Board of Medical Imaging (OBMI) prior to hire date.
- Colleague must obtain and maintain an active, unrestricted Oregon license prior to providing any services in Oregon.
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare providers certification from either AHA, ARC or the Military Training Network is required at hire unless currently certified in ACLS and/or PALS or as defined in the SAHS Certification Crosswalk.
At Saint Alphonsus Health System, we are looking for people who are living out their calling. We want you to be passionate about coming to work, and challenged to achieve your potential. Living by these virtues, we pride ourselves on exceptional service and the highest quality of care. Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- Knows, understands, incorporates, and demonstrates the Organization's Mission, Vision, and Values in behaviors, practices, and decisions.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills to competently care for all assigned age groups (Neonate, Child, Adolescent, Adult, Geriatric as applicable).
- Revenue Management: ensures the accuracy of documenting services and supplies provided to the patients.
- Performs ordered procedures according to subspecialty protocols and procedures, ensuring that optimum exams are acquired in an efficient and timely manner. This includes being competent in the working up and performance of 3D imaging files as presented across the SAHS system. This could include providing general radiology imaging at select hospitals within SAHS by assignment.
- Draws blood samples for processing and obtains IV access for administration of contrast.
- Responds to all patient care according to medical center's policies and procedures for patient care including, but not limited to, Code Blue Preparedness, Universal Precautions, Radiation Safety Standards and CPR.
- Keeps accurate and updated documentation of medications on inventory and medications utilized.
- Must be able to work independently. Schedules patients and radiologists for procedures, utilizing specialty area and departmental scheduling protocols.
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
This job has expired.