CSF 2023 Wardrobe, Crafts Shop, and Wigs & Makeup Supervisors
Requisition Number: 44375
Location: Boulder Colorado
Employment Type: Temporary Staff
Schedule: Full Time
Posting Close Date: 05-Feb-2023
The Colorado Shakespeare Festival, located on the campus of the University of Colorado Boulder, encourages applications for multiple Costume Supervisor positions for the 2023 CSF Season! These positions support the success of the Colorado Shakespeare Festival. Positions are available in Wigs & Make-up, Costume Crafts, and Wardrobe. Details for each position are available in the "Key Responsibilities" section below.
The 2023 CSF season begins in May, 2023 and responsibilities for these positions will continue through mid-July or mid-August, 2023.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
For over 60 seasons, the Colorado Shakespeare Festival has delighted audiences with classic theatre under the stars.
The Colorado Shakespeare Festival is a professional theatre company in association with the University of Colorado Boulder. Since 1958, the festival has celebrated and explored Shakespeare and his continuing influence and vitality through productions of superior artistic quality, education, and community engagement.
CSF strives to preserve the classics of the past and pursue the classics of the future. Fueled by artistry and scholarship, the festival seeks to expand the cultural richness of the region by inspiring, challenging and cultivating the imagination of audiences and artists.
Plays are performed beneath summer night skies in the historic Mary Rippon Outdoor Theatre and in the newly renovated Roe Green Theatre indoors.
The festival’s education programs reach tens of thousands of school children each year through camps, classes and outreach performances that connect them with the continuing tradition and importance of Shakespeare.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Costume Crafts Shop Supervisor:
- Act as liaison between the wardrobe run crew and the costume shop.
- Prepare, manage, and document actor fittings.
- Collaborate with stage management to ensure proper flow of information, rehearsal, and show needs.
- Attend costume and production meetings and rehearsals as needed.
- Coordinate the care, management, and organization of finished costumes.
- Supervise the preparation of all wardrobe facilities and operations.
- Supervise and participate in wardrobe operations for assigned productions.
- Supervise wardrobe staff in adjacent productions, assigning tasks as needed.
- Supervise and direct wardrobe staff, volunteers, and college level interns.
- Participate in end of season strike including laundry, dry cleaning, and rental returns.
Wig & Makeup Supervisor:
- Interpret and implement costume crafts projects as designed by the Costume Designers and as approved by the Costume Shop Manager.
- Supervise the construction, fitting, and alteration of costume craft items including but not limited to hats, jewelry, armor, masks, footwear, belts, bags, puppets, foam structures, and mechanical costumes.
- Fabricate the patterns, development, and fitting of craft pieces.
- Supervise the cutting, construction, finish work, and alterations of craft items.
- Use fabric manipulation techniques, painting / dying, and costume distressing.
- Supervise a small team of craft assistants, interns, and volunteers.
- Monitor the craft team's safety, morale, and quality control.
What You Should Know
- Supervise and complete all wig and makeup elements.
- Consult with the CSF Costume Shop Manager and Costume Designers on feasibility of costume designs.
- Pull, purchase, alter, and / or manufacture all wigs, hair styles, and facial hair as designed.
- Maintain wig / hair stock.
- Perform regular hair styling and cuts for company members as needed to maintain designs for each production.
- Demonstrate and apply traditional and contemporary makeup techniques.
- Supervise and direct hair and makeup staff, volunteers, and college level interns.
All University of Colorado Boulder employees are required to follow the campus COVID-19 vaccine requirement
. New employees must provide proof of vaccination or receive a medical or religious exemption within 30 days of employment. What We Can Offer
The hourly rate for these supervisor positions is $16.25 to $18.00 per hour. Benefits
Temporary positions at the University of Colorado are not benefits-eligible, however, all positions are eligible for paid sick leave
. Be Statements
Be creative. Be talented. Be Boulder. What We Require
What You Will Need
- At least one year of related experience demonstrating the required skills is required for all positions.
- Appropriate education will substitute for experience on a year-for-year basis.
- A valid driver’s license is required for these supervisor positions.
- A commitment to an inclusive, diverse, and equitable workplace environment.
- Strong collaboration, communication, and technical skills related to the required skills of the position.
- The ability to maintain high quality / standards and a safe and supportive work environment while working on tight schedules.
- Artistic sensibility and sensitivity.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume. Please include at least 3 references with their contact information on your resume.
- A cover letter that specifically identifies the positions for which you are applying and that tells us how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of those positions.
Please apply by February 5, 2023 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs
Select here for additional information regarding Classified Staff positions: https://www.colorado.edu/jobs/special-instructions-classified-staff-applicants To apply, visit https://jobs.colorado.edu/jobs/JobDetail/CSF-2023-Wardrobe-Crafts-Shop-and-Wigs-Makeup-Supervisors/44375
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
This job has expired.