On this complementary team, we have an open and relaxed culture where best-in-class, creative engineers work together on significant projects. Our upbeat and collaborative team builds CPU designs that impact how people connect every single day.
Whether you consider yourself an experienced CPU micro-architect or an expert low power CPU design techniques, this role offers you ambitious and rewarding responsibilities with forward-thinking colleagues and the ability to make an impact on our industry. At our Austin-based design center, you will join a small, rare and hardworking design team developing the next generation Arm A-class microprocessors. You will contribute in a variety of aspects of the microprocessor life cycle to deliver Arm's next high performance, energy efficient microprocessors to meet the demands of the market.
You will use ground breaking technologies and methodologies to ensure the highest quality products as you collaborate with other Arm engineering teams to build complete IP solutions to address the performance, power and cost requirements for almost all application markets.
What will I be accountable for?
Required Skills and Experience
- Specify and implement CPU multifaceted power measurement features
- Develop, enhance, and maintain power analysis methodologies and flows
- Analyzing power characteristics of critical workloads
- Maintain external power documentation and provide customer support
- Work closely with design engineers to meet all performance, power and area goals
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of post-degree work experience in processor RTL and microarchitecture design (think senior types)
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer (in one of these fields or another relevant field) along with at least 7 years of confirmed experience may be substituted
What else is needed for you to consider before applying?
- Domain expertise in low power design techniques with strong understanding of CPU microarchitecture for high-performance out-of-order designs
- High-performance, low-latency execution, high area-efficient and power-efficient processor design
- Hands-on experience using Verilog or VHDL HDL for design
- Designing for synthesis targeted to achieve specified power, frequency, and area targets
- Make good judgements on functionality, performance, and physical implementation trade-offs
- Familiarity with C and assembly language, preferably AArch64
- Scripting and tool driving languages such as Tcl, Python, and Ruby
- The ability to travel occasionally for training
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our open culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:We not I
Passion for progress
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual is responsible for the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is essential, share it
- Realize that we win when we collaborate - and that everyone misses out when we don't
Be your brilliant self
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can't stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
- Be upbeat not egocentric
- Recognize the power in saying 'I don't know'
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organization of dedicated, innovative and highly talented engineers. By enabling a vibrant, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don't discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.
This job has expired.