Crawford is currently seeking a Counter Sales Associate to join their Counter Sales team in Duncanville, TX.
If you are looking for a company who is committed to building a relationship with you, who encourages having fun at work, who is powered by difference, and who is passionate about your future, it’s time to apply at Crawford Electric Supply. Known in the electrical distribution industry for being a great place to work and build a career, Crawford prides itself on being a business partner rather than just an electrical supplier to its customers. Everyday Crawford associates provide the best customer experience while at the same time offering the widest variety of electrical products on the market. For the past 30 years, Crawford has built a culture of growth, opportunity, innovative thinking, and stability for its employees by truly living up to the company motto of, “Whatever it Takes!”
Crawford is a subsidiary of Sonepar USA.
- Determines type of merchandise desired by becoming familiar with products sold and utilizing vendor catalogs and other reference materials.
- Utilizes Eclipse program for pricing structure and order entry.
- Prepares cash or charge sales tickets with required ID and processing information in a timely manner. Follows up with all specific record keeping requirements.
- Estimates date of delivery based on knowledge of company delivery schedule.
- Pulls and loads customer materials as necessary.
- Handles difficulties with customers and coworkers with diplomacy and seeks assistance from management when needed.
- Resolves customer order problems and complaints promptly.
- Describes/demonstrates products using samples or catalogs showing features and benefits.
- Sells and promotes branch and company-wide special promotions as directed.
- Effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to perform math functions associated with the job such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and metric scales.
- Ability to calculate amounts such as discounts, interest and commissions.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, technical or general business publications.
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office products
- Basic electrical product knowledge.
- Six months or more of related experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Manual dexterity for handling small parts.
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds.
- Job duties may require frequent standing and occasional need to lift or move up to 50 pounds.
- May encounter extreme hot or cold climates and dusty conditions while pulling product orders.
- May be required to work annual physical inventory.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. *Crawford is an Equal Opportunity Employer