Position/Job Title: Corporate Intern
Work Location: Crystal City, VA
We are seeking an Intern for the corporate office located in Crystal City, VA. This person will work with the Corporate Operations Team to complete independent projects and/or provide support in the areas of finance, accounting, logistics, recruiting, office management, IT projects and general administration. The candidate ideally will be in the process of pursuing a bachelor's or master's degree and should have a strong foundation using Microsoft Office 365 and an interest in learning how to use additional business tools. The ideal candidate should have the ability to adapt to changing situations quickly and be able to facilitate the completion of multiple tasks and assignments concurrently.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Not listed in order of importance; other duties may be assigned and must be able to perform the following with minimal guidance:
- Data entry, filing, spreadsheet management
- Attend meetings
- Assist coordinating virtual meetings
- Set up conference calls
- Conduct independent research as directed
- Update databases as requested
- Track and manage receipts
- Manage mailings and databases
- Learn and assist with the Applicant Tracking System
- Assist with client project deliverables, as requested
- Provide support to all divisions of the corporation as needed
- Excellent computer skills
- Strong writing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with other team members
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Demonstrated time management skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Additional skills, knowledge, and experience may be required based on the type of functions the incumbent will perform
Job Requirements Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Education and/or Experience:
- Must be currently enrolled at an accredited university pursuing a degree in a related field of study (Finance, Accounting, Business Administration).
- Demonstrates a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365
- GPA requirement of 3.0 or higher
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require typing and reading from a computer screen. Must have sufficient mobility, including but not limited to bending, reaching, and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. May include lifting weight up to thirty (30) pounds as necessary. Company Summary:
Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC was founded in 2017 and is part of the Small Disadvantaged Business (SBD) registered with the Small Business Administration (SBA) under Nā 'Ōiwi Kāne, a Native Hawaiian Organization (NHO). We provide large organization stability, capability, and over 30 years of IT management in combination with small business flexibility, agility, and customer care. Leveraging the experience and long-standing success of our management team and Nā 'Ōiwi Kāne, Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is capable of successfully competing for and executing large business contracts.
Our service commitment is simple - "Quality IT Solutions... On Time & On Budget."
Galapagos Federal System, LLC reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing. Positions functions and qualifications may vary depending on business needs.
Galapagos Federal Systems , LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, creed, religion, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status or legally protected characteristics.