Coordinator, Stipend Processing
Job No: 525157
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Department: 18300000 - ED-LASTINGER CENTER
Business Admin Specialist III
The Lastinger Center for Learning is an education innovation hub within UF's College of Education focused on creating equitable education systems that improve teaching and learning across early childhood and K-12 education. Specifically, the Center targets kindergarten readiness, 3rd grade reading proficiency, and algebra proficiency as critical milestones in children's educational trajectory that are predictive of success in school and life. The Center works at the nexus of research, practice, and policy to develop sustainable systems that leverage educational technologies and improve the implementation of research-based practices. Housed in one of the nation's elite public research universities, the Center operates as a dynamic, entrepreneurial workplace focused on executing against UF's service mission to strengthen the human condition and improve the quality of life.
- Serves as a team leader for fiscal processing.
- Initiates process analysis and continuous quality improvement efforts.
- Analyzes operational problems and implements appropriate resolutions.
- Makes decisions on assignment of duties and the correct or preferred method of processing transactions while monitoring procedures and compliance with UF, State, and Federal regulations.
- Responsible for providing or arranging training for staff members and stakeholders.
- Performs routine and complex transactions.
- Provides reporting to stakeholders for stipend payments disbursed.
- Ensures disbursement policies and procedures are documented to support each stipend payment administered.
- Assist with miscellaneous budget and compliance reviews.
Other Duties as Assigned Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
- Clearly communicates processes and procedures to stipend recipients.
- Coordinates with the Communications Team to schedule and monitor email processes.
The mission of the Lastinger Center for Learning is to create equitable educational systems where every child and educator, regardless of circumstances, experiences high-quality learning every day to support children's achievement of critical milestones that are predictive of success in school and life. In order to achieve this mission, the Lastinger Center is committed to attracting, hiring, and retaining a dynamic and diverse team.
The University of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The University is committed to non-discrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information and veteran status in also aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotion, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits and training.Hybrid work location policy:
Lastinger Center for Learning supports and promotes a healthy work-life balance. To achieve this, the Lastinger Center offers a flexible, hybrid work schedule that aligns with the university's Flexibility in the Workplace Policy. Allowing employees to stagger arrival and departure times as necessary and to vary the number of workdays in the office so long as an employee's FTE commitment is fulfilled within the university workweek. This policy also allows for occasional, incidental remote work based on individual circumstances.
High school diploma or equivalent and five years of relevant experience. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
- Demonstrate strong skills and proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Adobe, and web navigation tools and programs
- Strong relational, organizational, and communication skills
- Ability to receive and maintain confidential or sensitive information
Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and resume.
This is a time-limited position.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
This position has been reposted. Previous applicants are still under consideration and need not reapply.
Health Assessment Required:
No. Advertised Salary: Minimum Requirements
$PrefQualSpecial Instructions to Applicants
$InstructionsHealth Assessment Required:
$ClosesTo apply, visit https://explore.jobs.ufl.edu/en-us/job/525157/coordinator-stipend-processingThe University is committed to non-discrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information and veteran status in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency