Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company with 2020 sales of $27 billion. We live our mission of making our world more productive every day by providing high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet. The company serves a variety of end markets including chemicals & refining, food & beverage, electronics, healthcare, manufacturing, and primary metals. Linde's industrial gases are used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions. For more information about the company, please visit our website at .
Linde Gas & Equipment Inc. is seeking a Controls Engineer to join our team located in Research Triangle Park, NC.
The Controls Engineer is responsible for executing process control and automation projects throughout the EPP network of plants and supporting installed base with ongoing maintenance and troubleshooting assistance. The individual will establish clear deliverables for the controls and automation portion of the scope of each assigned new project, develop cost estimates for hardware and software, write user manuals, perform start up tasks and train operators. The individual will utilize expertise to optimize for safety, quality, environmental compliance, ergonomics, efficiency, and productivity.
- Visibly and substantially support the Linde Safety Culture through proactive engagement and by making safety a part of every decision.
- Integrate safe design concepts in all products and projects
- Ensure all new products are introduced according to Linde's Product Stewardship program
- Individual technical contributor to identify, develop, design, and implement improved operating and control strategies to achieve productivity targets.
- Execute instrumentation, process control and automation projects. Lead activities involving system design, configuration, testing, cutover, and start-up. Work closely with other disciplines such as process engineering, project execution, operations, maintenance, etc. for executing projects.
- Ensure compliance with local, regulatory, corporate, and business standards for system hardware and software.
- Support day to day Process Control activities at plants, as assigned, such as making program changes to improve asset capability, assist in troubleshooting control system problems, adding simple capabilities, etc.
- Train and mentor engineers and maintenance technicians who have process control / automation responsibilities.
- Ensure internal standards for contracted engineering companies for instrumentation and process control /automation activities are followed as appropriate. Provide feedback to management on contracted engineering companies quality of their engineering and maintenance services.
- Perform cost and schedule risk analysis for assigned control projects.
- Assist in efforts to identify, communicate, and transfer best operating facility practices.
- Assist operations to resolve product quality, reliability, and operability issues.
- Participate in equipment/process risk assessment and gap closure activities, provide direction related to industry standards on safeguarding. Work with design and project engineers for appropriate SIL reviews.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemical or Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of Chemical and/or gases process controls and automation experience
- PLC programming. (Siemens, Allen Bradley, Modicon)(Wonderware)
- HMI screen design. (Siemens, Allen Bradley, Modicon)(Wonderware)
- Integration testing and commissioning
- Ability to train operators
- Process engineering - familiarity with P&IDs, basic chemical and mechical processes and control interfaces
- Understanding of chemistry, gas processes, and cryogenic processes.
- Working understanding of project management and execution
- Ability to interact and communicate with technical peers.
- Ability to create concise and logical technical summary documents.
- Working knowledge of risk reduction tools such as LOPA, fault tree, FMEA, etc...
- Proven track record of designed and installing controls and automation in facilities that manufacture chemical products. Areas of expertise include:
- System integration (machine automation, operator/machine interface, data integration and management) of gas chemical manufacturing technology (reactor systems, purification systems, general gas handling systems, waste abatement systems)
- Chemical manufacturing facilities regulations, design, permitting, and construction.
- Equipment maintenance and reliability
- Proven track record of safety leadership
- Experience working with PLC Hardware: Siemens, DirectLogic, Modicon, Allen Bradley
- Experience working with PLC Programming: Step 7, DirectSoft, Control Expert, RSLogix 5000
- Experience working with HMI Software: WinCC, GE IFIX, Iconics, Wonderware
- Experience in technical interactions with internal customers
- Experience working in a Matrix Environment
- Self-Motivated and Performance Oriented
- Passionate about safety
- Ability to work effectively in matrix environment
- Effective written and oral communications
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
This job has expired.