At Saputo, our best comes from our people. We're a talented and caring team with a longstanding history of excellence.Since our first days delivering cheese on a bicycle, we've grown into a leading global dairy processor by staying true to the culture that defines us. Each of our employees is committed to uphold our tradition of care, quality, and passion through food, and together, we foster an environment where we can all make contributions that matter-from our manufacturing plants to our office locations and everywhere in-between.
The Plant Finance Administration Manager (FAM) will support the Operations Team at the plant level by providing P&L support, management and financial thought leadership to the facility and Plant leadership team. This position will be responsible for supporting the accounting group with month end financial closing duties, as well as all budgeting, forecasting, and costing activities for the facility. The position will be highly visible and should yield exciting opportunities for growth.
How You Will Make Contributions That Matter
You Are Best Suited For The Role If You...
- Management of the Plant P&L, providing insight and analysis of drivers of performance;
- Support month-end close activities;
- Review all month-end, quarter-end close accruals, journal entries, P&L reconciliations;
- Balance process orders and inventories at least weekly and support plant to resolve material movement issues;
- Ensure liabilities are processed and assist in balancing good receipts with invoice receipts on a timely basis;
- Responsible for all Plant audit support and compliance reporting;
- Diagnose and report weekly and monthly material yield and loss, volume, labor and expenses;
- Assist the Plant leadership team with development and tracking of KPI's for assessing functional performance and areas of opportunity for further cost reduction;
- Develop data-driven, fact-based information to support decisions enabling productivity measures to reduce overall cost;
- Track capital expenditures on a weekly basis and provide status of project financials on a weekly basis to Plant leadership and corporate engineering;
- Provide financial justification and post-audits for Capital expenditures;
- Periodic review of standard operating procedures (SOP's) to ensure accuracy.
- Perform periodic compliance testing to ensure internal/external controls are in place, report and deviations and corrective actions to ensure compliance.
- Ensures compliance with all Saputo Corporate policies and procedures.
- Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating, and controlling.
- Has supervisory and leadership responsibility involving effective performance management, employee relations, mentoring, training and developing subordinates, promotions, salary increases, terminations and employee corrective actions.
- Other duties as assigned
We support and care for our employees by providing them with...
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or another quantitative/technical discipline is required.
- 5+ years professional experience, preferably in the food/dairy manufacturing industry, milk accounting a plus.
- Strong attention to detail, superior analytical capability, and excellent verbal and written communications a must.
- Must be a strong executor who can assist with strategy development at all levels of the organization to drive business performance.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs; ability to lead people through change.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all departments, management levels within the company, and external stakeholders.
- Ability to successfully influence peers and senior leadership.
- Ability to recruit, hire, develop, coach, and mentor talent for current and future needs.
- Ability to recognize opportunities to simplify processes and create efficiencies.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment, with an emphasis on Finance/Accounting.
- Must be proficient in all MS Office programs, with advanced MS Excel skillset.
- Must possess strong prioritization skills; flexibility and ability to multi-task on a daily basis.
- Knowledge of SAP or other ERP systems.
- Ability to function within a multi-system environment.
- Development opportunities that enhance you career fulfillment.
- Meaningful compensation & benefits that help you care for your family.
- Opportunities to contribute to your community and enhance the lives of others through Saputo products.
Saputo is among the top three cheese producers in the USA and one of the largest producers of extended shelf-life and cultured dairy products. We have a diversified product portfolio with well-known retail brands, such as Friendship Dairies, Frigo Cheese, Montchevre, Stella and Treasure Cave, and a strong foodservice presence, partnering with chain restaurants and broadline distributors. Thanks to our countrywide footprint and national and international distribution networks, we're proud to bring our best to our customers and, consumers and have plenty of opportunities for our employees to grow in their own way. And we do it while also striving to build a healthier future for our people and the communities where we operate, guided by our values and the Saputo Promise. To learn more about Saputo in the USA, please click here. (http://saputo.com/en/our-products/usa-sector)
Join the Saputo Dairy USA team to make your contributions matter every day!
Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA, LLC endeavors to make CareersUSA.Saputo.com accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 214-863-2300 or email email@example.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA, LLC are equal opportunity employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you'd like more information on your EEO rights under law, please visit www.EEOC.gov.
To review the Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA LLC Privacy Notice for California applicants, please visit our Corporate website associated section by clicking here (English) or here (Spanish).