Job ID: 398202
ICON Materials, a CRH company, is a member of the CRH West Division family, values a culture of growth, development, and internal promotion. We are a dynamic, growth-oriented, national aggregate, asphalt, concrete, and construction family of companies. For over 80 years, we have worked to be the preferred source of quality rock products, concrete, asphalt paving, and construction services. We have been recognized by numerous organizations for our commitment to safety, customer service, and innovation.
Whether you're looking for an opportunity to break into the construction industry, or looking for the next step in your career, our team can provide you with a fun and challenging opportunity to grow with an industry leader. In this role, you'll maintain contracts, subcontracts, and bids for heavy civil construction projects of all sizes. As the Contract Administrator, you'll provide critical administrative support as we work together to build our communities. We work hard, and we have fun doing it!
If you're an organized administrative professional that thrives in a fast-paced environment, and excited about an opportunity to learn and grow in a booming industry, joining our team could be the start of and exciting career! Limited experience? No worries! We'll assist with training to provide you with the skills you need to be successful. If you've got the drive, we'll help you to reach your goals.
Wage: $31.25-38.50/hr DOE w/ potential for overtime
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Family Culture - We treat our team like family
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 401k with 5% company match & profit sharing
- Potential for Overtime
- Opportunities for Internal Mobility
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Training Provided
- Tuition Reimbursement Program - We'll assist with continuing education that aligns with your career goals
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Short- & Long-Term Disability
- Earn More with our Employee Referral Program
- Company Discounts on products, goods, services, electronics, automotive, travel & more!
- Opportunities for Community Engagement
- Maintains project job lists and updates work under contract lists
- Reviews cost coding and assigns pay codes within computer system.
- Receives requests, updates electronic records, initiates paperwork and follows up on request for approval of work not previously covered in the contract; processes and obtains approval of contract changes.
- Monitors compliance to contract requirements ensuring all conditions are satisfied before approval of the final invoice
- Assists in compiling and preparing bid documents and bidders list, including inquiry preparations, request for bids and recommendations for award of contract
- Knowledge of the laws and ordinances regulating building construction.
- Upload project into Viewpoint including verifying all CT's, phases, flags (unit, phase, etc.)
- Setup Subcontractors in VP's subcontractor module.
- Issue subcontracts.
- Receive/maintain subcontractor EEO, insurance, etc.
- Submit wage decision to Payroll
- Process/upload all Change Orders
- Prepare Field Files for Hand-off
- Job Billing - key in billing information in VP
- Subcontractor Billing - key in billing information into VP and advance for payment
- Submit information to A/P for PO generation.
- Submit certified payrolls to Engineer as needed
- Obtain appropriate approval at each step to ensure SOX compliance.
- Work with Environmental to ensure SWPPP is prepared and submitted
- Issue community notices.
- Prepare T&M billings
- Secure bonds
- Other duties as assigned per supervisor.
- Regular and timely attendance.
- Participate in and promote an inclusive work environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Bachelors degree in related field preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2-5 years' experience working with contract administration, bonds, bidding, or similar field.
- Experience in the construction industry preferred.
- Proficient in all P.C. and Microsoft Office programs including but not limited to; Excel, Word, Outlook, Teams
- Knowledge of the methods and techniques used in electronic recordkeeping systems.
- Demonstrates good performance, safety and attendance.
- Demonstrates a professional, flexible attitude, ethics, tact, and courtesy in dealing with management, team members, vendors and internal and external customers.
- Demonstrates proficiency in basic mathematics.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively with all departments and customers on the phone and in person.
- Demonstrated the ability to work in fast-paced environment and within tight deadlines.
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently, without direct supervision.
- Demonstrates a willingness to work overtime and weekends as needed.
- Demonstrates strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrates organizational and time management skills.
- Must pass pre-employment controlled substance testing.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
ICON Materials, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Apr 22, 2022 Nearest Major Market:
Seattle Nearest Secondary Market:
Bellevue Job Segment:
Secretary, Administrative Assistant, Construction, Administrative, Engineering
This job has expired.