Braun Intertec is seeking an Entry to Mid-Level Construction Materials Testing Technician to join our San Antonio, TX office. As a technician, you will learn to perform a variety of testing on construction materials such as soils, concrete, masonry, and asphalt. Onsite materials testing is conducted on various commercial and transportation construction projects located throughout the area.
The chosen candidate(s) will receive in-depth technical training and industry certifications upon successful completion of examinations and demonstration of ability. This is a career opportunity to become a member of a highly successful, fast paced team with a steady and growing backlog of exciting projects.
Candidates should be comfortable working outdoors in varying weather conditions and be able to lift 75+ pounds. The chosen candidate will frequently be required to reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. At times, this position may be working at or on uneven terrain, varying heights, in confined spaces, or supported trenches.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Perform field density tests of soils
- Perform field concrete testing, including slump, air content, and strength
- Prepare daily reports
- Work with project managers and senior technicians or staff to ensure specifications are followed
- Perform routine samples and testing of soils, aggregates, concrete, masonry, and asphalt and assist with more complex tasks, as required
All candidates must have:
- A strong safety focus and attention to detail
- A demonstrated ability to learn and apply technical concepts
- Flexibility to work extended or nontraditional hours as needed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Related work experience in materials testing or construction is a plus
- A High School diploma or equivalent
- A valid driver's license with clean driving record for the last 3 years
- The ability to lift 75+ pounds
Check out this video to see what life is like as a CMT: https://youtu.be/PRMzbYyPJ3M
At Braun Intertec, we are a Drug-Free Workplace and require all new hires to complete a pre-employment drug screen test, criminal background check, and motor vehicle report.
At Braun Intertec, employees are encouraged to expand their skills and certifications through company provided training and mentoring.
Braun Intertec offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, PTO, Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP), and paid holidays.As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.Braun Intertec strives to ensure that its careers web site is accessible to all. If you need assistance completing your online application, please email email@example.com.As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Braun Intertec is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your e-mail, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.