Job ID: 449480
Gulf Coast, a CRH Company, is a locally-based construction company and building materials supplier owned and operated by CRH Americas Materials, the largest asphalt, ready mix and aggregates producer in North America. Gulf Coast is part of CRH America's growing Texas-based network of 47 locations and over 1,200 employees statewide.
Finishes wet surfaces to grade on all types of concrete work requiring a fine finish.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Uses tools such as float, trowel, screed, template, hand shovel, motorized tamp, push broom or 10' to 16' straight edge on extended handle up to 15' long.
- Shovels dirt, stone and concrete.
- Uses various tools such as pick, mattock, axe, brush hook, rake, hammer, saw, pneumatic hammer/drill, tamps (both manual and power driven), sample saw, concrete saw, sledge hammer, and other tools associated with unskilled labor.
- May operate a pick-up truck.
- Other required duties are that of a flagman, janitor, steam cleaner operator, or greaseman.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- High school degree or equivalent
- Good mechanical aptitude.
- Knowledge of safe work practices.
- Team orientation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Stretching, bending, lifting, pushing, pulling, twisting, throwing, walking, standing, hammering, rubbing, reaching, kneeling and squatting.
- Requires regular lifting of up to 50 pounds.
- Walking or standing may occupy the entire day.
- Willingness to move from job to job within the southeastern United States.
- Overtime work is required.
- Required to ride to and from the job site.
- May be exposed to extremes of hot and cold weather.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Gulf Coast, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Aug 27, 2022 Nearest Major Market:
College Station Job Segment:
This job has expired.