1790 Kirby Parkway, Memphis, Tennessee 38138
TruGreen is committed to providing personalized attention for our associates. We focus on developing our people by building proud, dynamic teams while helping associates reach their personal and professional goals. We continuously strive to make TruGreen an employer of choice and "a great place to work!"
Leads and manages a team of professionals in the planning, design, development, and execution of strategic compensation programs including policies, processes, and communications for a branch-based, multi-unit comprehensive provider of residential and commercial lawn services.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Maintains overall accountability for the strategy development and implementation of compensation programs for the organization.
- Partners with senior leaders to customize innovative compensation strategies that drive growth, attract/retain talent, optimize the workforce and align coordinated business objectives to maximize productivity.
- Prepares and presents compelling presentations on compensation changes that result in employee understanding and buy-in. Presentations should be consistent in format and detail, leveraging a similar template with "Compensation" owned pages. Reference a governance document with business partners to successfully drive compensation programs.
- Takes a lead in marketing compensation programs so that incumbent employees, as well as potential employees, understand and value the package.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of existing policies, guidelines, architecture, and procedures and owns the responsibility to recommend changes to company-owned policies where compensation is impacted, as well as accountable to make necessary changes to compensation policies and advise appropriate stakeholders.
- Recommends compensation plan revisions as well as new plans which are cost-effective and consistent with market trends, best practices, and corporate objectives; coordinates implementation and provides guidance to corporate staff.
- Reviews market benchmark surveys, analyzes competitive market data, and develops recommendations for updates to job architecture, salary structures, and bonus targets as appropriate; costs and proposes salary increase budgets.
- Ensures programs are market competitive, aligned with business goals, consistently administered, and in compliance with company policies and government regulations.
- Drives the benchmarking, design, and implementation of variable compensation programs, including incentives, sales compensation, and bonus plans and programs that are consistent with company strategies and goals, documented and compliant with laws and regulations.
- Provides expertise and guidance to other members of the HR team; advises HR and management on pay decisions, policy and guideline interpretations, and job evaluations; provides creative solutions to complex problems.
- Identifies processes that can be performed more efficiently through the use of technology and manages the conversion of these processes.
- Effectively manages and develops the compensation team.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree in related field required. Master's degree preferred.
- 3-4 years of experience managing compensation programs required.
- Professional credentials (e.g., CCP, CEBS) preferred.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
- Advanced knowledge of compensation design and programs
- Strong financial modeling and analytical skills for program costing and evaluation
- Quantitative and qualitative analytical skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Advanced and thorough knowledge of compensation laws, regulations, and emerging legislation (e.g., FLSA, EEO, FMLA)
- Knowledge of human resource information systems, design, and administration to support and facilitate administration of compensation programs
- Organizational, project and process management and leadership skills
- Written and verbal communication skills, including executive presence and delivering presentations
- Superior computer skills with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Regularly required to:
Occasionally required to:
- Sit, stand, and walk
- Use hands and arms to handle, feel or reach
- Speak and hear
- Use close vision abilities
- Lift or move up to 25 lbs
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.Noise level
*Low to moderateAdverse Conditions
TruGreen is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. To learn more, Click Here or to request an application accommodation,Click Here.
California Residents: for information on personal data we collect as part of the application process, Click Here.
TruGreen performs pre-employment testing.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
By providing my cell phone number, I agree that TruGreen may call or text/SMS message me on that number using an automated telephone dialing system or prerecorded or artificial voice to discuss possible employment opportunities, my account, including current and possible future services, customer service and billing. I understand that providing my cell phone number is not required to inquire about or apply for employment or purchase services, and that I may revoke this permission at any time.
This job has expired.