It's more than a career, it's a calling.
MO-SSM Health Woodfield
SSM Health - a nationally recognized Catholic, not-for-profit integrated health system serving Illinois, Missouri, Oklahoma, and Wisconsin - is seeking a Community Health Improvement Director to join our team. This is a remote position that can be located in Wisconsin, Illinois, Missouri, or Oklahoma. Travel to St. Louis would be required of this position. In this role, you will work with system leaders and our local communities on a proactive community health improvement strategies. You will work in partnership with local facilities and members of the community, as well as with a wide spectrum of organizations, service providers, government agencies, faith communities and businesses.
Advances a coordinated, multi-faceted and proactive community health improvement strategy throughout the organization including traditional community benefit programs as well as system-led community programs. Leverages opportunities and resources to achieve measurable success across the organization and works in partnership with local regions, facilities and members of the community, as well as with a wide spectrum of organizations, service providers, government agencies, faith communities and businesses.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Leads community health improvement programs at the system level with a strong matrix relationship within department and across the organization and programs in the regions. Develops strong relationships to support population health goals.
- Defines the strategic imperative and key tactics related to community health improvement that advance the core system strategy and address the needs of the poor and vulnerable.
- Establishes measurement structures that ensure the successful monitoring and achievement of long- and short-term improvement goals and priorities. Partner to ensure measurement structures are integrated into data, analytics and reporting infrastructure.
- Ensures integration with strategic and financial planning processes, compliance with federal and state mandates, and appropriate system policies and initiatives. Facilitates sharing of best practices and educating senior management, employees and system/hospital board members about community health improvement initiatives.
- Creates and owns the framework for best practice dissemination for community programs. Plans, facilitates, and/or conducts events, summits, symposiums, and meetings as required to support program objectives.
- Oversees the development, prioritization and implementation of policies and system level organizational structures to implement community health improvement initiatives based on best practices.
- Partners to support legislative and public policy advocacy to local, state and federal government officials for issues that impact the health and well-being of the community.
- Represents organization on state and national level on task forces, projects, or initiatives focused on community health issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Frequent keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting and gripping.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Rare climbing.
80380033 Chief Community Health OfficerWork Shift:
Day Shift (United States of America)Scheduled Weekly Hours:
SSM Health complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex.
Learn more here