Communications Manager - ATLAS Institute
Requisition Number: 45401
Location: Boulder Colorado
Employment Type: University Staff
Schedule: Full Time
Posting Close Date: 25-Jan-2023
The ATLAS Institute at the University of Colorado Boulder encourages applications for a Communications Manager! This position is responsible for creating, managing, and implementing the communications for the institute, using both electronic and traditional media. The Communications Manager is expected to provide strategic, analytical and creative services, with a heavy emphasis on public facing communications which advance three primary objectives: raise the reputation and reach of research outcomes; support student recruitment and enrollment in undergraduate and graduate academic programs; and facilitate industry engagement and philanthropic interest. Specific responsibilities include implementing a communications strategy focused on research activities, developing multimedia enhancements for institute activities, and managing visual communications which reflect the caliber of programs in creative technology and design. The Communications Manager coordinates and collaborates with University and CEAS communications specialists to produce consistent and coordinated messages in compliance with university guidelines.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
A change-maker at the University of Colorado-Boulder, the ATLAS Institute offers a full portfolio of interdisciplinary academic programs through the College of Engineering and Applied Science (CEAS) that foster radical creativity and invention. We inspire research, experimentation and critical thinking that turns ingenious ideas into reality. The institute’s labs and academic programs encourage out-of-the-box thinking and creative exploration, attracting technology dreamers and specialists who reach beyond convention, take risks, and innovate.
Our synthesis of design and technology amplifies innovation in engineering and the arts. We believe the best way to shape the future is to invent it. We promote rigorous, curious investigation in a thriving academic community that is supportive, energetic and playful.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Strategy Development & Implementation:
- Leads the development and implementation of innovative approaches to institute research communications with a focus on boosting reputation through increased and broadened awareness of research output, impact, and innovation.
- Works comfortably with a range of computing topics and technical content in order to effectively provide high-quality research communications in creative, compelling, and relatable ways.
- Writes, edits, implements design and layout, proofreads, and manages final production of research-related content. Pitches stories to media when appropriate.
- Liaises with Strategic Relations and Communications, the Research and Innovation Office, and the Office of Industry Collaborates to keep them abreast of successful research initiatives and partnership opportunities.
- Contributes research stories for publication in the annual campus research magazine, CU Engineering magazine.
- Develops materials to support research activities and publicize events, including the annual ATLAS Research Open House.
- Trains and advises faculty on activities related to research communications including conversation pitches, publication acknowledgments, and video documentation.
- Proactively gathers information from faculty and students to support communications and public relations efforts.
- Regularly reports out on the metrics and successes of research communications activities, including media mentions, impressions and reads on research stories.
- Leads the development and implementation of an institute communications plan and determines the best channels for messaging.
- Plans, writes, edits, designs and produces communications for the institute, including publications, website content, marketing copy, digital newsletters, event promotions, digital screens and presentations.
- Builds news articles and profiles of faculty, students and programs and works with campus partners to facilitate media engagement.
- Targets communication materials and strategies to a broad range of collaborators.
- Develops multimedia improvements for institute web and social networking sites; contributes to social media campaigns to meet critical communication goals.
What You Should Know
- Sets priorities for the communications team based on strategic goals and initiatives in the areas of recruitment, reputation, faculty and research, students and academic programs. Determines deadlines for results, and assigns resources for production.
- Develops and manages communications and content, including visual assets and creative services, so as to meet strategic and marketing goals through an assortment of publications, digital communications, web and social media sites.
- Reviews and approves creative content ensuring high-quality, on-brand results. Manages the institute website, establish design and user experience for displaying and promoting current news and events, academic offerings, and students, staff and faculty.
- Identifies and implements innovative creative solutions for visual communications which reflect the caliber of programs in creative technology and design.
All University of Colorado Boulder employees are required to align with the campus COVID-19 vaccine requirement
. New employees must provide proof of vaccination or receive a medical or religious exemption within 30 days of employment.
This position may be eligible for a hybrid work modality consistent with the College of Engineering and Applied Science Hybrid Work Policy
. What We Can Offer
The starting annual salary for this position is $65,000 - $80,000. Relocation assistance is available within CEAS guidelines. Benefits
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits
, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder
. Be Statements
Be informed. Be collaborative. Be Boulder. What We Require
What You Will Need
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Six years of professional experience in public relations, journalism, marketing, advertising, or a combination of these fields.
- Previous experience developing communications for a range of media and working with professionals in design, photography, video, and/or web design/management.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute.
- Previous success in producing content that attracts readers/viewers to digital platforms in large numbers.
- Strong graphic, design, visual sensibilities; clear analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional written, oral and interpersonal communications skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with an ability to set priorities.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, sophisticated environment with frequent deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by January 25, 2022
Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs
Select here for additional information regarding Classified Staff positions: https://www.colorado.edu/jobs/special-instructions-classified-staff-applicants To apply, visit https://jobs.colorado.edu/jobs/JobDetail/Communications-Manager-ATLAS-Institute/45401
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency