An empty treadmill isn't compelling, but once someone steps on it, the stories are limitless. Our goal is to connect people emotionally to their fitness journey. We are a global team coming from different cultures and backgrounds with a shared passion to achieve and live our mission of inspiring healthier lives.
Inspire. Innovate. Make an impact and join our team!
Essential Job Functions:
Qualifications and Skills Needed:
- Develops implements and manages strategic sourcing plan for mechanical commodities across all Life Fitness strength manufacturing sites, including the following functions:
- Supports assigned New Product launch teams, including:
- Ensures Sourcing milestones are met in accordance with project development timeline.
- Identifies and selects suppliers that meet quality, delivery and cost goals in accordance to strategic sourcing plan.
- Where applicable, engages preferred suppliers early in design phase to best align supplier capabilities with project goals.
- Manages/Negotiates supplier quotations and calculate landed costs; ensure projects meet targeted budget.
- Ensures all Purchasing/Sourcing deliverables are met through each phase.
- Develops, implements and manages direct material cost reduction plan for assigned commodities. Includes PPV analysis; ECN tracking; Actuals vs Forecast analysis; QFR preparation.
- Maintains awareness of key market trends and pricing as well as the development of new materials and products, recommending and counseling others on these changes.
- Advises Finance, Marketing, Engineering, and management on current and future pricing trends, material and product availability, and delivery trends.
- Negotiates agreements, contracts, and blanket orders with strategic suppliers to achieve quality, price, and service objectives.
- Optimizes number of suppliers across Life Fitness manufacturing sites; consolidate supply base to achieve commodity leverage opportunities in accordance to strategic sourcing plan.
- Assists in analyzing and managing process improvement plans targeted to improve cost/quality with key suppliers.
- Holds quarterly business reviews with strategic suppliers, including delivery, quality and cost performance review (supplier scorecard analysis).
- Leverages data analytics to make strategic and tactical business decisions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in business, engineering, or related field
- 5+ years of experience in purchasing, materials, engineering or another related field
- Knowledge of fabrication manufacturing
- Previous experience in implementing cost reduction programs
- Demonstrated strength in communication and negotiation skills
- Travel 35% domestically
Want to take the next step in your career?
Life Fitness takes pride in our talented employees and believe in providing opportunities for further growth and advancement. We encourage you to test your strengths, push your limits and unleash your potential.
If you feel the open position you see is right for you, we invite you to apply.
Learn more about us here.
Life Fitness does not accept applications, inquiries or solicitations from unapproved staffing agencies or vendors.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
EEO is The Law - click here for more information
Life Fitness and Workday Privacy Policies
This job has expired.