Lincoln Electric is the world leader in the design, development and manufacture of the highest quality arc welding products, automated joining assembly and cutting systems, and has a global leading position in brazing and soldering alloys. With over 125 years of innovation and service excellence, we are committed to employing talent that will support our strategy to foster innovation, drive growth and provide a first class experience for our customers. Lincoln Electric: we operate to a higher standard to build a better world.
Req. ID: 21525
PURPOSE: Maintain and troubleshooting HVAC & Refrigeration Equipment, Systems, and Controls throughout the Cleveland Operation. Primarily 1st shift schedule, could include 2nd, 3rd, split shifts, weekends, holidays, 12 hour shifts. Daily work activity is directed by the Group Leader and a HVAC Technician A. Reports directly to the department Foreman.
JOB DESCRIPTION (DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES):
- Performs all task under general supervision.
- Provides training and assistance to less experienced HVAC Technicians.
- Assumes ownership of work task and demonstrates initiative to get work completed.
- Maintaining and making general repairs on HVAC systems and controls, refrigeration containing machines, equipment, electrical services or facilities.
- Maintains, troubleshoots and repairs facilities mechanical components and electrical equipment and systems in accordance with SOPs (standard operating procedures), internal requirements, manufacturer's specifications and safety policies
- Performs installations, preventive maintenance, and repairs on buildings, mechanical equipment and utility systems using one or more trade skills (e.g., electrical, mechanical, plumbing)
- Performs miscellaneous manual labor activities (e.g., sweeping and cleaning floors and work areas, picking up papers and refuse from grounds, assisting in the handling of heavy materials, making minor repairs, mowing lawns, and shoveling snow)
- Responsible for continuing education to keep up with changing technology.
- Oversee maintenance contract and service work as assigned.
- Order and maintain spare parts.
- Assist with keeping neat and orderly records on work performed.
- Work with Engineering, Production Team Leads, Foreman, Group Leaders, and fellow tradesmen to accomplish the desired result.
- Adjust schedule and work hours to accomplish the desired result, must be able to work weekends and holidays as required.
- Perform work assignments efficiently while being consistent with good safety practices.
- Report any maintenance and/or safety issues to supervisor.
- Review, understand, and follow all Company specifications and procedures, and regulatory rules and requirements that are associated with the performance of this job.
- Other duties as assigned by the department Foreman.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as needed or directed in support of the Company's 2025 Strategy.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
- Must have successfully completed an Apprentice Program, an Associate degree or Certificate in HVAC or have equivalent job experience.
- Must pass the skilled trade assessment test for this position.
- Must have a basic knowledge and experience troubleshooting and repairing HVAC systems and controls.
- Must have a basic knowledge and experience reading and understanding refrigeration diagrams, wire diagrams, engineering drawings, and the operation of refrigeration systems.
- Must possess Universal Refrigerant Certificate and 410A Refrigerant Certificate.
- Excellent attendance required.
- Must possess basic electrical/electronic aptitude.
- Must possess basic mechanical aptitude.
- Must possess good organizational and communication skills.
- Team oriented, self-motivated, safety and quality conscious; requiring minimal supervision.
- Capable of lifting up to 75 pounds on an occasional basis.
- May be required to operate basic shop equipment (hoist, forklift, scissor lift, etc.)
- Must be able to work in confined areas, climb ladders, and work at heights of 50 feet.
- Must be able to wear a respirator.
- Must be willing to continuously improve technical skills and knowledge.
- Must be able to understand and interpret the specifications and procedures related to this job.
Lincoln Electric is a $3.2B publicly traded company (NASDAQ) with over 11,000 employees around the world. With operations in over 56 manufacturing locations in 19 countries, we are well positioned to continue this partnership and poised to grow with our customers. As a part of that continuing legacy, you will contribute to a new generation of innovation and experience the pride that comes with being part of the solution to the world's challenges. It is a great time to be part of the welding industry!
Lincoln Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters. Resumes submitted to any employee(s) of Lincoln Electric without a signed vendor agreement, by the Manager of Recruiting & Training, will become property of Lincoln Electric. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of Lincoln Electric will not be considered binding terms. Lincoln Electric will not pay a fee to any third-party recruiter that has not coordinated their recruiting activity through the Recruiting Department.Employment Status:
Hourly Full-Time Function:
Lincoln Cleveland (US10) EOE, including disability/veteransNearest Major Market:
Cleveland Job Segment:
Welding, Forklift, Plumbing, Warehouse, Manufacturing
This job has expired.