DCP Midstream is a Fortune 500 natural gas company dedicated to meeting the energy and consumer needs of our society. With a focus on technology and innovation, we safely and reliably operate a strong and diversified portfolio of logistics, marketing, gathering, and processing assets across nine states.
Benefits & Additional Compensation
DCP builds connections to enable better lives and is dedicated to supporting our employees with opportunities for internal mobility, continual growth, and ongoing training. We believe all employees contribute to the success of the company and should be able to share in that success, which is why all jobs are eligible for the short-term incentive program with any payouts being subject to individual and company performance. Depending on the position and level, some jobs are also eligible to participate in the long-term incentive programs with any payouts also being subject to performances. We offer a comprehensive benefit program that includes medical, dental, vision, disability, life, a competitive 401(k) match, a retirement contribution, and several other unique benefits offerings. We make health and wellness a priority and offer a generous paid time off policy including parental leave, sick time, and vacation time.
As part of Commercial team, responsible for analytics and some commercial gas supply activities within DCP's Southern Business Unit. This is a "team-oriented" role in which constant communication with other commercial team members, field operations, downstream marketing, finance, and engineering.
Responsibilities will be more weighted towards profitability analytics, competitive analysis, identifying new profit opportunities through analytical research, and volume forecasting for the Southern Business Unit assets.
Responsibilities could also include customer account management.
WHAT YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Evaluates and provides detailed analysis on the following:
- profitability of existing and prospective gas supply
- competitor activities and landscape
- identifying new profit opportunities
- trending midstream gathering and processing market movements
- volume forecasting
- optimization opportunities of current infrastructure
- providing analysis to assist in asset strategy
- Effectively presents analysis to commercial management and peers
- Capable of problem solving and establishing effective processes independently
- Customer account management responsibilities could include:
- maintains/creates favorable relationships with both existing and prospective customers
- assist customers with day to day requests
- drafts, develops, and negotiates new contracts and/or amendments
- secures natural gas supply through commercially viable and advantageous agreements
- Communicates consistently with gathering and plant operations organizations regarding changes to operating parameters necessitated by changing contracts and market conditions
- BS/BA in Business, Finance, Accounting, Engineering, Marketing or equivalent
- 5 years or greater midstream commercial experience.
- General understanding of the basic physical properties of natural gas, gas gathering and processing operations.
- High level economic analysis skills.
- Ability to perform independent analyses with attention to detail
- Ability to maintain supplier agreements/relationships.
- Commercial-related or project management related experience.
Individualshould have very proficient PC/software skills. Should have strong understanding of business premises.Must have strong team and customer focus orientation and possess strong analytical skills. Must have ability to work independently as well as part of a team. Must be able to process complex information and calculate various mathematical formulas.Preferred QualificationsSPECIAL DEMANDS
This job primarily operates in a professional office environment and routinely requires the use of standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copy machines, etc. Noise level is typically low. Frequently in a stationary, sitting position for prolonged periods of time. Regularly moves about inside the office to complete tasks, attend meetings or to access the copy machine or file cabinets. Periodically pulls/pushes doors open to move around the office. Occasionally may lift and carry objects up to 20 pounds.Occasional travel may be required.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of DCP Midstream not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status.Primary Location:
Oct 21, 2021, 12:00:00 AMRecommended Skills
- Attention To Detail
Get job alerts by email.Sign up now!
Join Our Talent Network!Job SnapshotEmployee Type
Houston, TX, TXJob Type
Business DevelopmentDate Posted
Apply to this job.
Think you\'re the perfect candidate?