The Machinist III position requires detailed instructions on all work. Works with little to no supervision of the Manufacturing Engineer to set up and operate all available machine tools to perform various machine operations on parts that are made from various materials. Follows established procedures and requires minimal instruction.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Read and interpret blueprints to identify design parameters prior to operation and verify finished product meets requirements.
- Work from complex blueprints, process sheets, sketches to perform production tasks.
- Make allowances for shrinkage of plastics for injection tool design. Calculate bend allowances for sheet metal work.
- Produce high quality parts in a timely manner within close tolerances by planning machining methods and selecting proper materials and equipment.
- Design, build and troubleshoot dies, mold dies and other tooling to close tolerations.
- Use and program CNC equipment to cut complex profiles. Use CAD/CAM software. Use advanced measuring instruments ensuring finished product conformance to requirements.
- Communicate with engineers and other co-workers to ensure requirements of the job are understood. Work with Engineering to create new product prototypes and fixturing.
- Evaluate non-conforming material to develop and execute effort to bring product into conformance.
- Visually inspect for quality of work.
- Set-up, adjusts, and operates a variety of machines, which may include manual lathe, manual mills, turret lathes, CNC mills and CNC lathes.
- Follow work practices which are geared toward continuous quality improvement, Lean, and best practices. Assist in 5S ensuring a clean and safe work area and shop at all times.
- Assignment planning, layout, set up, operating and making tool adjustments for various types of manual, numerically controlled and computerized machine shop equipment.
- Checks and inspects machining operations against specified tolerances and identifies and repairs minor machine malfunctions.
- Work as an effective team member in the department. Participate in cross training going on in the department.
- Work in conjunction with Manufacturing Engineer to establish annual individual goals and objectives in alignment with department goals.
- Serve as a technical resource for less experienced machinists in the department. Demonstrates personal and professional integrity as a role model to less experiences machinists.
- Follow all safety guidelines and report unsafe conditions to supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
None assigned QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent is required.
- Graduate of a Voc-tech machinist program and 5+ years of experience.
- No formal education or training will require 5+ years of directly related machining experience.
Five years of experience in manufacturing environment specifically in a high technology environment. KNOWLEDGE
- Knowledge of running both CNC and manual machines.
- Ability to use Pro-E Solid Modeling and 3 Axis CNC programming is desired.
- Ability to apply acquired job skills and company policies and procedures to complete assigned tasks.
- Strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal, problem-solving, and active listening skills.
- Ability to work with a team to meet the department objectives and goals.
- Ability to plan, organize, and work successfully on simultaneous projects.
- Basic understanding of working properties of all materials.
- Has substantial understanding of the job, and applies knowledge and skills to complete a wide range of tasks.
- Ability to organize multiple projects.
- Ability to employ sound judgment with little or no supervision.
Delivering High Quality Work
Makes sure responsibilities central to the role meet all requirements and expectations. Finishes tasks promptly and critically reviews work to ensure quality and accuracy. Considers impact of work to others and takes steps to mitigate. Seeks additional work after finishing tasks.
Prioritizing and Organizing Work
Allocates time and attention based on what is most important to achieve key goals and objectives. Effectively organizes and balances tasks and priorities to keep multiple projects on track.
Supporting Organizational Goals
Actively supports organizational goals and values; aligns actions around organizational goals; gives priority to organizational needs and concerns when making decisions. EQUIPMENT TO BE USED
Must be able to:
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Use standard office equipment such as copier, fax, telephone, postage, etc.
- Proficiently use Microsoft Office tools
- Use CAD/CAM software
- Operate CNC mills and lathes
- Operate manual lathe, manual mills, and turret lathes
- Operate computer and other electronic equipment
Work is typically performed in a machine shop setting working at a machine and on a flat work surface. Air quality and noise levels are within normal limits. Eye protection is usually required. Under normal conditions, exposure to excessive noise, dust, humidity, and fumes is rare. An employee may be required to work more hours than normally expected during a regular workweek depending on workload and deadline requirements. POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. TRAVEL
- No travel is expected for this position. EOE/M/W/Vet/Disability
This job has expired.