It's more than a career, it's a calling
WI-SSM Health St. Clare Meadows Care Center
This is an 8 hour/week, part-time, evening shift position.
Shift differential eligible.
At SSM Health, we know the healing power of presence begins with compassionate employees like you. As a CNA, you've chosen a career where residents matter-a lot. Our mission and values put the resident first and place you in a position to improve each day.
In return, you can expect a work environment where:
- CNA's feel valued, respected and free to express themselves;
- Each employee finds meaning in work, leveraging skills and talents toward a greater purpose;
- Teamwork and collaboration is encouraged, while management is supportive.
If you're a patient advocate first...
If you listen and respond with great care...
If the needs, wants, and goals of each patient matter to you...
Then we'd love to learn more!Please fill out your application today.
Join a network of nurses just as kind and powerful as you.Job Summary:
Assists in performing a variety of nursing care services for patients in a long term care setting.Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Receives patient care assignment from the registered nurse (RN) in charge. Initiates delegated tasks based on demonstrated competence in performing nursing activities for specific patient age group served.
- Collects and documents data for the admission assessment and reassessment at specific times for patient population. Documents and provides appropriate data to the RN and/or LPN for analysis and validation of patient's response to care or treatment and when significant change occurs in the patient's condition.
- Contributes to safety and quality care by relaying information via charting and communicating to team members.
- Informs licensed nurse of any changes in patient condition/needs, of patient complaints, and of patient/significant other educational needs.
- Answers patients' calls for help, takes their vital signs, and monitors their behavior and physical condition for progress or deterioration. Assists with baths, ambulating, feeding, skin care, personal and oral hygiene and making occupied and unoccupied beds. Performs dressing changes, enemas, ostomy care, toileting, turning, cough and deep breathing, catheter care, collection of biological specimens, measuring and recording intake and output of fluids. Competent in use of lifts, tubs, scales and other equipment as needed. Employees younger than 18 years old may not operate a lift without assistance from a coworker at least 18 years old.
- Prepares patients for discharge and accompanies them upon dismissal as indicated.
- Stocks and maintains supplies and equipment in keeping with patient care needs and cost containment. Utilizes time and supplies economically and conscientiously.
- Assists with delegated clerical duties such as answering telephones, relaying messages, transcription of physician orders, preparing and organizing the patient's medical record.
- Orients new patients and significant others to the nursing unit.
- Performs mechanical and manual operation of equipment as recommended in user's manual, with ability to recognize common mechanical problems and initiate appropriate corrective action.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Completion of an approved nurse aide training program and passing grade on state of work location required exam.
EXPERIENCELicenses / Certifications:
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) - State of Work LocationWork Shift:
Evening Shift (United States of America)Job Type:
18050036 Nursing - CNAScheduled Weekly Hours:
SSM Health complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex.
Learn more here