Posted in Medical and Nursing
$1000.00 SIGN ON BONUS
Mary's Meadow CNA- FT, PT, PD
WHY MARY'S MEADOW?
What is the small-house concept?
Mary's Meadow comprises four separate houses, each of which has accommodations for 10 residents. All rooms are private, with full baths, and each house has a shared living room, dining room, den and kitchen. This intimate environment makes a real difference for our residents, it encourages interaction and socialization while affording privacy. The four houses are connected to a central chapel, open to people of all faiths, providing a calm and quiet space for prayer and reflection.
Mary's Meadow: Revolutionizing nursing home care
The opening of Mary's Meadow at Providence Place revolutionized delivery of long-term skilled nursing care, as well as short-term rehabilitation services. This innovative social model has proven to be as attractive to those receiving care as it is to their families, physicians and caregivers. It's an approach that empowers our residents to be as independent and self-reliant as possible, in a setting that feels like home.
Nationally recognized for the quality of our care
Our innovative approach earns us high marks for the quality of our care. Mary's Meadow is consistently ranked among the top nursing homes in the entire state, earning a five-star rating from U.S. News & World Report and a Women's Choice Award for Best Extended Care & Nursing Homes in Massachusetts. We have also received the Excellence in Action Award for Superior Commitment to Customer Satisfaction for 5 consecutive years, 2010-2015.
Most importantly, our residents and their families give us high marks for the personalized care and attention they receive here at Mary's Meadow.
The Elder Assistant reports to the licensed NH Administrator and works under the direction of a licensed nurse in all resident care issues. They are responsible for the delivery of holistic resident centered, resident directed care that promotes maximization of function and promotes resident autonomy and choice.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Demonstrates, promotes and integrates the Trinity Health Senior Communities Centers Mission and core values by performing the following duties:
1. Listens to report; obtains assignments and the condition of the residents at the beginning of the shift. This will provide information needed to understand and implement the current plans of care for each resident.
2. Reviews Resident Care Plans and provides for care of residents accordingly by assisting with ADL's as needed. Personal care may include shower/bath, shampoo, perineal care, oral hygiene, positioning, nails short and clean, dressing, range of motion, ambulation and insure adaptive devices are worn (i.e. dentures, hearing aids, glasses, etc.).
3. Participates in the collaborative care planning meeting with the clinical support team as scheduled or needed, to discuss elder's needs and progress in identifying and creating resident centered care plans.
4. Observes residents and reporting any reactions or changes in condition to the nurse.
5. Documents care as required in the electronic medical record.
6. Prepares and serves meals, between meals, bedtime and other nutritional snacks per the stated preferences of the elder. Cleans up after meals and snacks.
7. Launders resident's personal clothing. Cleans and maintains the environment of the home.
8. Understands and follows the Code of Conduct/ethics established by the Empowered Work Teams (EWT).
9. Communicates with co-workers at all levels to adequately meet the needs of elders. Identifies and honors resident choices in activities of daily living while maintaining resident safety. Provides engagement and activities for residents.
10. Attends and participates in team meetings.
11. Reports accidents and incidents when they occur. Observes standard precautions per established policy and hazardous materials policies. Maintains a lift free environment.
12. Promotes and participates in educational programs. Attends all required educational programs. Maintains required certifications.
13. Performs other related duties as required by the elder.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Maintain Certified Nurse Assistant (C.N.A.) certification as required by the State of Massachusetts.
2. Trained in safe food handling techniques. Maintain C.P.R., First Aid Training, and Dementia Care training as required. OSHA MSDS safe chemical handling practices.
3. Computer skills - MS word, Internet, e-mail, electronic medical record.
4. Culinary skills required.
5. Requires Empowered work team training and advanced communication skills.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Posted about 2 hours ago
Posted about 2 hours ago
Melrose Park, Illinois
Posted about 2 hours ago
*By registering with our site, you agree to our