It's more than a career, it's a calling.
WI-SSM Health Dean Medical Group Madison North High Point
Provides assistance with the examination and treatment of patients under the direction of a registered nurse or provider (physician or advanced practice provider).
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Assists with treatments ordered by provider as supervised by provider or registered nurse. Performs select clinical duties.
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs, and records information on patients' charts. Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- Performs basic clerical duties including answering the phone, maintaining records, scheduling patients, and filing.
- Performs basic materials management functions to include ordering and stocking of supplies. Assists with maintaining a clean and orderly environment.
- May document the provider's encounter with patients. Lists all proper diagnoses and symptoms, as well as follow-up instructions and prescriptions, as indicated by the provider. Transcribes patient orders including laboratory tests, radiology tests and medications.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent and graduate of an accredited school of medical assisting
Licenses / Certifications:
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through oral communication.
- Frequent use of hearing to distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent reaching, gripping, and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Occasional bending, stooping, crawling, kneeling, sitting, squatting and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional use of vision to judge distances and spatial relationships.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving patients.
- Occasional use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Occasional driving.
Basic Life Support HealthCare Provider (BLS HCP) - American Heart Association (AHA), Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) - American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA), Clinical medical Assistant Certification (CMAC) - American Medical Certification Association (AMCA), Medical Assistant (RMA) - American Allied Health Association (AAH), Medical Assistant Certification (CCMA) - National Health Career Association (NHCA), National Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA) - National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT), Nationally Registered Certified Medical Assistant (NRCMA) - National Association for Health Professionals (NAHP), Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) - American Association of Medical Personnel (AAMP), Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) - American Medical Technologists (AMT), Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) - American Registry of Medical Assistants (ARMA)Work Shift:
Day Shift (United States of America)Job Type:
74530164 119105-West UrlgyScheduled Weekly Hours:
SSM Health complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex.
Learn more here
This job has expired.