Customer Engagement Model
Otsuka America Pharmaceutical, Inc. has launched a new customer engagement approach designed to better deliver on patient, caregiver, and HCP needs in an evolving healthcare environment. The new model is built around where patients get their care-locally, with the intent to better serve patients, caregivers, and healthcare providers, delivering a higher quality experience that ultimately is focused on improving patient care.
The local "ecosystem approach" creates a unified focus among account management, medical, patient access and market access to engage local healthcare systems and identify opportunities to improve the patient experience. Through this matrix model, customers will now experience more coordinated and seamless care with digital-enabled support to bridge care gaps.
In Otsuka's evolved customer engagement model, a Health Science Associates (HSA) will engage HCPs through a variety of in-person, virtual and digital tools, offering expanded expertise regarding products and the approved conditions they treat. Otsuka's Clinical & Scientific Liaison (CSL, Sr Mgr) will provide deep clinical expertise on-demand and will engage healthcare providers to offer personalized education on disease state, thought leadership and real-world evidence. A Patient Education Liaison (PEL) works to inform, educate, and enhance the experience of patients throughout their care continuum.
The HSAs are led by Ecosystem Leads and grouped into regional areas. Ecosystem Leads are led by Regional Leads thwi significant autonomy to assess unique market priorities and customize decisions that reflect local customer needs. In the future, Otsuka will also be shifting to a team-based approach to drive customer engagement quality, accountability, and cohesion around patients and healthcare providers. Ultimately, it is all about putting customers at the center of everything they do.
Position Overview - Clinical & Scientific Liaison (Senior Manager)
As an integral member of the ecosystem team for Otsuka's new ecosystem-based customer engagement model, the Clinical & Scientific Liaison (CSL), Sr Mgr contributes to the development of the ecosystem strategic business plan and identifies key stakeholders that are vital to the ecosystem.
The Clinical & Scientific Liaison (CSL) is a credible partner responsible for providing clinical, scientific and health economic information related to disease states and the appropriate utilization of approved Otsuka products within an ecosystem. This field-based position will engage with Key Influencers (KIs), Local Practice Leaders (LPLs), healthcare providers, and patients' groups within their ecosystem, to further patient outcomes aligned with the overarching objectives of Otsuka. In collaboration with their ecosystem partners, CSLs contribute to the customization of the region business strategy to meet local ecosystem needs and are responsible for the medical and educational requirements of their customers. In addition, CSLs may be responsible for covering multiple products within a therapeutic area, as well as engaging in broad clinical and scientific discussions that impact patient care, resulting in rich customer insights shared within the ecosystem.
Key Activities and Responsibilities
- As part of the ecosystem team contributes a clinical and scientific perspective to the local execution plan that addresses ecosystem, and customer challenges, issues, and opportunities, to bring about improved patient care and outcomes. This extends to include coordination around execution of field activities.
- Build, cultivate, and leverage external relationships with key scientific and medical customers and organizations within their ecosystem to ensure strong understanding of evolving healthcare trends, disease state, Otsuka products, systems, and services across the ecosystem landscape, including KIs, LPLs, Key Decision Makers (KDMs) and Patient Advocacy.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of the ecosystem to ensure alignment with Otsuka's patient-centric strategy and priorities, including provision and delivery of optimal patient care.
- To be a credible source of evidence-based information that demonstrates the value of Otsuka and its products from the clinical, economic, and humanistic standpoint and works in partnership with providers, payers, and other key stakeholders to apply practical real-world solutions to improve patient outcomes.
- Build and cultivate important internal working relationships across the matrix team to ensure an enterprise approach when working with customers. Be accountable to regional Field Medical Affairs leadership to shape and execute on local medical strategies within planned timelines.
- Actively contribute to planning, content development, and dissemination of disease state information to customers in the field on a regular basis using the remote customer engagement platform.
- Disseminate disease state and healthcare landscape information to customers in the field on a regular basis utilizing remote customer engagement platform.
- Responsible for delivering the training and evaluation of promotional and disease state speakers.
- Serve as part of Otsuka's internal speaker bureau in support of product educational needs across the ecosystem.
- Collect and submit medical insights that drive decision making and prioritization of evidence generation efforts and healthcare solutions, including sharing at the local ecosystem level.
- Assist with Otsuka's clinical trials program, including registrational, post-marketing and Investigator-Sponsored Trials (ISTs), health economic outcomes research, other specific medical collaborations; provide clinical expertise and feedback regarding operational management of clinical trials to ensure optimal site selection and performance.
- Support other areas of the organization including Safety & Pharmacovigilance for investigation of safety-related issues, Sales Training medical education on an ongoing basis including new hire and POAs, and the Field Medical Center of Excellence for mentoring and sharing of best practices.
- Advanced degree in Pharmacy, Medicine, Biological Sciences, Health Services Research or Public Health, (PharmD., M.D., PhD. or D.Ph.) is required.
- Relevant therapeutic area knowledge is required.
- Understanding of the interconnectivity of health systems, overall delivery of patient care and experience working with healthcare professionals and other decision makers.
- Minimum of 3-5 years related work experience (clinical, health system or industry)
- Outstanding business acumen; knows the industry, Otsuka's business model and value proposition, key competitors, and other marketplace factors/dynamics. Able to identify solutions with the overall goal of improved patient outcomes.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills; exhibits professional maturity, confidence, and competence. Strong conflict resolution skills: proven ability to achieve conflict resolution effectively and quickly with affected parties and work in a cross-functional environment.
- Knows how to summarize and communicate complex information and business objectives in a concise and effective way during presentations and other interactions.
- Understanding of industry legal, regulatory, and compliance landscape
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment undergoing transformation.
- Demonstrates behaviors aligned with the Otsuka Corporate Brand including Perseverance, Unconventional Thinking, and Humility.
- Business travel, by air or car, up to 70% of time depending upon size of ecosystem.
- Preferred living location is key city in ecosystem.
Come discover more about Otsuka and our benefit offerings; https://www.otsuka-us.com/careers-join-otsuka.Disclaimer:
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the people assigned to this position. It is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to the position. Otsuka reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Otsuka is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status.Valid Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination or Accommodation
The COVID-19 Vaccination is mandatory for incoming new hires and employees. Uploading documentation with proof of full vaccination record or an Otsuka approved accommodation will be required during the pre-employment process as permitted by law. New hires must be fully vaccinated unless there is an approved accommodation prior to start date.Statement Regarding Job Recruiting Fraud Scams
At Otsuka we take security and protection of your personal information very seriously. Please be aware individuals may approach you and falsely present themselves as our employees or representatives. They may use this false pretense to try to gain access to your personal information or acquire money from you by offering fictitious employment opportunities purportedly on our behalf.
Please understand, Otsuka will never
ask for financial information of any kind or for payment of money during the job application process. We do not require any financial, credit card or bank account information and/or any payment of any kind to be considered for employment. We will also not offer you money to buy equipment, software, or for any other purpose during the job application process. If you are being asked to pay or offered money for equipment fees or some other application processing fee, even if claimed you will be reimbursed, this is not Otsuka. These claims are fraudulent and you are strongly advised to exercise caution when you receive such an offer of employment.
Otsuka will also never ask you to download a third-party application in order to communicate about a legitimate job opportunity. Scammers may also send offers or claims from a fake email address or from Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc, and not from an official Otsuka email address. Please take extra caution while examining such an email address, as the scammers may misspell an official Otsuka email address and use a slightly modified version duplicating letters.
To ensure that you are communicating about a legitimate job opportunity at Otsuka, please only deal directly with Otsuka through its official Otsuka Career website https://vhr-otsuka.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External.
Otsuka will not be held liable or responsible for any claims, losses, damages or expenses resulting from job recruiting scams. If you suspect a position is fraudulent, please contact Otsuka's call center at: 800-363-5670. If you believe you are the victim of fraud resulting from a job recruiting scam, please contact the FBI through the Internet Crime Complaint Center at: https://www.ic3.gov, or your local authorities.
This job has expired.