If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The department of Psychiatry has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Clinical Research Coordinator to work on the UHealth campus. The Clinical Research Coordinator 1 serves as an entry level clinical research professional that has a basic foundation in clinical research through assigned responsibilities in data management or implementing clinical research protocols. This role exhibits increased learned skills and flexibility in performing duties and assumes responsibility for simple clinical research protocols and timelines.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS
- Performs chart review/pre-screening activities for study participant eligibility and coordination of simple clinical research protocols. Maintains enrollment procedures according to the protocol.
- Coordinates routine activities of clinical studies including data collection and maintenance, planning study timelines, schedules appointments and study visits, meeting scheduling, and project evaluation.
- Performs moderate to complex research tests/ experiments and adapts procedures for quality improvement under supervision.
- Understands and follows technical instructions for operating clinical research equipment, problem solves when operational failures occur.
- Assists in observing and informing the PI/supervisor of adverse events, including those reported by study participants.
- Addresses adverse events per protocol, advocating for study participants and quality standards throughout the lifespan of the study.
- Identifies, reports, and helps problem solve protocol deviations and unanticipated occurrences.
- Follows the appropriate fundamental requirements of all international, national, and local regulatory bodies.
- Knows the contents and maintenance of study-specific clinical research regulatory binders.
- Maintains requisite skills and mandatory training in safety, equality, responsible conduct of research, continuing education, and research competencies.
- Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field; Bachelor's in Psychology preferred
- Minimum 1 year of relevant experience
- CITI Program Human Subjects Research Certification preferred
- AMAZON Working Backwards Workshop Program preferred
Department Specific Functions
- Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze, organize and prioritize work under pressure while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to work evenings, nights, and weekends as necessary.
- Commitment to the University's core values.
- Ability to work independently and/or in a collaborative environment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite, RedCap, R (stats), SPSS, ActiLife, EndNote, Mendeley preferred
- Manages over 200 study participants across South Florida and New York City while maintaining HIPAA compliant and adhering to IRB standards
- Plans, organizes, and conducts home and field visits to recruit and process community participants through clinical studies, for home-based sleep research studies investigating the role of sleep in cardiac and brain health outcomes.
- Administers neurocognitive assessments to assess brain functioning in relation to sleep health and analysis results and reports to PIs
- Works with PIs and suggests and modifies research protocols in accordance to participants' needs
- Prepares and presents weekly project update reports to the principal investigator and team
- Writes and enacts standard operating procedures to regulate project execution
- Oversees contracted vendors, such as phlebotomist to coordinate and schedule clinical home visits for study participant blood draws while ensuring biohazard safety
- Assists in the development of the MILBox, an innovative home-based health solution that utilizes remote patient technology to monitor sleep.
- Represents the Center and promotes their studies at community events
- Instructs participants on how to use the devices and trouble-shoots any technological issues
- Maintains detailed inventory of study devices and laboratory materials
- Trains undergraduate and graduate students in biomedical research protocols, data entry, and psychological assessment administration for these particular studies
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type: