12 Hour Night Shift
6 South Oncology Nurse
Hiring for various shifts (full/part time, day, nights, rotating)
(SUMMARY) Position Highlights:
Competitive pay: Bonus eligible position $15K (2 years of Oncology unit experience)
Additional Benefits: Relocation assistance, tuition reimbursement, free parking
Quality of Life:Flexible work schedules
Advancement:Opportunities to advance through the Clinical Advancement Program
Location:Holy Cross Health has two hospitals and four healthcare centers all a short driving distance from Washington DC and Baltimore, MD
- full-time 7am - 7pm or 7 pm - 7 am shift schedule
- This is a 30-bed blended Med-Surg and Oncology unit
- Reporting to the Director of 6 South who has 25 years of nursing experience with this unit at Holy Cross.
- This unit also has a Nurse in Charge that takes patient assignments and will assist fellow nurses, Patient Care Technicians and Tele Monitor Techs to support the nursing staff.
- Opportunities to expand expertise with Oncology.
What you will need:Required:
- Plans and manages care of patients by working closely with Physicians, Pathologist, RN Navigator and Oncologist
- Provides education to the patient and family on disease processes and comorbidities
- Interfaces closely with the Pharmacy, Case Management, Social Workers to provide the best patient experience and outcome.
- Current licensure by the Maryland State Board of Nursing or Compact State as a Registered Nurse.
- BLS certification (American Heart Association); additional Life Support training as applicable to unit requirements.
- Graduation from an accredited nursing program; basic professional nursing degree (BSN or MSN) preferred. Note, if the basic professional degree is not present on hire, the employee must engage in a basic professional nursing degree program within twelve (12) months of hire
- 1 year of experience in an acute care setting
Holy Cross Health is a Catholic, not-for-profit health system that serves more than 240,000 individuals each year from Maryland's two largest counties - Montgomery and Prince George's counties. Holy Cross Health earns numerous national awards, clinical designations and accreditations across a wide range of specialties for providing innovative, high-quality health care services.
We were named one of America's 100 Best Hospitals for 2021.
Holy Cross Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard toMinority/Females/disabled/Veteran(M/F/D/V) status.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
This job has expired.